Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoneline - not connected - Eircom?

Options
  • 05-11-2007 4:30pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Mods if this is in the wrong forum please move!

Recently moved into my house and it has a phoneline and I attached a phone and there a dial tone but obviously cant ring out - after search on here someone suggested in an old thread to dial 199000 which I did but it keeps asking me for my pin - anyone any suggestions to try find out what the number is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Try dialling 1901. If not, try 1901 from a mobile for Eircom CS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

If your not getting a read back off 199000 the line is probably not active, you might be just getting a soft dial tone. Just call Eircom and give them your address, they'll test the line from your local exchange.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Is it possible to get the phone line activated but only paying Eircom a once off fee for re-activating the number? I don't want to go with them for bb.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You still have to pay line rental to someone unfortunately, whether it be eircom or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭coldfeet

I got eircom to reactivate mine and then gave the rental to BT, need to get ur account code off eircom first tho once its activated

• Advertisement
Advertisement