Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish broadband with Ps3 (not working)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Hrm well then I honestly don't know dude. I'd still say try connect to the USA servers and see if it's as bad. If not, you know where the problem lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭_PCahill_

sure i'll give it a try, i guess I've tried pretty much everything else at this stage. thanks for your suggestions so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭_PCahill_

It seems that it was just an error with IBB/internet that was giving me all of my trouble - from this week (without changing any settings or talking to IBB any more) all of the disconnects just stopped....everything works 100% now! - never had a connection this reliable before so lets just hope thats that! I don't seem to get any disconnects what so ever anymore! thanks to all for the suggestions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Dunno if this is related or not but there have been serious problems with IBB and routing to Sony's networks. The hop that IBB hands off to tiscali (and onward on level3 hops) were all experiencing very high packet loss. Ping times were fine (when the packets weren't dropped) but within games onlien from Sony I was hitting from 50% packet loss and upward most of the time.

The same applies to PSN, my connections latency was fine on warhawk but it would often drop the connection.

Haven't been playing the PS3 since last week so must check it out later on tonight to see if things have improved like it seems they have for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 elsexo

Hi I am suffering all the same problems, slow torrent speeds, and constantly failing PSN, I have talked to IBB support and have tried everything, opening ports, DMZ servers, several different Routers, I have tried without routers directly connected and FAILED! The only success i got was with a neighbours Clearwire Broadband, worked perfect with the PSN everytime, but they have a monthly download limit and a sh*t speeds for the price you pay so I would rather not have to change to them.

Maybe we should all call IBB everyday till they get the message to sort things out, or sign a petition, or drive a Hummer through there HeadQuarters, screaming "Our Patience has timed out"! Error Code (8002AA08)

• Advertisement
Advertisement