Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up account in business name?

Options
  • 05-11-2007 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I recently registered a business name (Just waiting for the paperwork to come through from CRO)

Just wondering, when I get the business name, can I set up a bank account in the business name? ie. If someone wants to pay me with a cheque, instead of getting it made out to my name, can it be made out in the business name? (I'd prefer getting paid in cheque to a certain extent, eventhrough I provide receipts with all services, it's another way of logging income incase mr. tax man wants to come inspect)

Hope this is in the right place, thanks.

PS. Meeting with accountant next week to get some 'official' advise with regard to keeping track of income etc. (Will be only small income from this, less than 20k a year)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

If it's just a business name and not a corporation name, you'll need to show the cert to your bank to be able to accept cheques in that name. You can also have the bank account named "YOURNAME T/A RBN".

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

dahamsta wrote: »
    If it's just a business name and not a corporation name, you'll need to show the cert to your bank to be able to accept cheques in that name. You can also have the bank account named "YOURNAME T/A RBN".

adam

It's just a business name.

So once I get my cert, I can just show that to the bank and should then be able to accept cheques in that name?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

you should get a seperate bank account for the business it would have on it YOURNAME T/A RBN, keep it seperate from your personal stuff imo

Nuttzz wrote: »
    you should get a seperate bank account for the business it would have on it YOURNAME T/A RBN, keep it seperate from your personal stuff imo

Aye, that's what i'm trying to do. Is there anything else than registering a business name that I would need for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

no, just the usual id requirements and the rbn cert from the cro

• Advertisement

Nuttzz wrote: »
    no, just the usual id requirements and the rbn cert from the cro

Excellent, just waiting for the cert from the CRO. Thank's for that

Advertisement