Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night Life

• 05-11-2007 6:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

so headin 2 kilkenny city saturday night and just wanted advice on what pubs and clubs are best craic!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Go to The Field (late bar), Morrissons (late bar), Kyteler's Inn (late bar), The Playwright, Cleere's, The Pump House and Matt the Millers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

The Playwright....pffff..it'll always be Maggies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Nightwish wrote: »
    The Playwright....pffff..it'll always be Maggies!

True. I remember the cracking bands it used to have on a Saturday night. Now we have to settle for a DJ :rolleyes:
    Needless to say, I would recommend it as a good pub with great atmosphere.
    And I always got a great pint in there.

I would also throw in Ryan's, Rafter Dempsey's, Kyteler's Inn.
    Was in the Annaconda for the late drink there last Saturday night and despite
    it being a great pub it was dead!
    There are loads of great pubs in town to suit everyones tastes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

Avoid Langton's unless you want to be subjected to long queues, being crushed by the throngs and to listen to awful music. If you do want to go there, go early. The queues for the nightclub are pretty long and it can be a bit of a trial getting into the front bar as well. Avoid anything at the railway station end of John Street as well e.g. O'Faolain's, the Kilford Arms unless you want to be subjected to hens & stags. Some rough pubs up there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

BeatNikDub wrote: »
    Go to The Field (late bar), Morrissons (late bar), Kyteler's Inn (late bar), The Playwright, Cleere's, The Pump House and Matt the Millers.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT, go to The Field, have been there twice and the beer is absolute muck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

D_Red_Army wrote: »
    DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT, go to The Field, have been there twice and the beer is absolute muck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your not meant to drink beer in the field, your meant to have cider parties!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

The Field???? You don't visit Kilkenny for a few weeks and you don't even know the pubs anymore :) Where's The Field? (No smart answers BTW!)

I love the field!
    Well I am biased as I dj'ed there but I have to say the staff are sound and definitely a party atmosphere is encouraged, dancing on tables etc :D

Havent drank the beer so cant comment on that!

Ryans is a great pub too - forgot all about it!

cargo wrote: »
    The Field???? You don't visit Kilkenny for a few weeks and you don't even know the pubs anymore :) Where's The Field? (No smart answers BTW!)

Its what Carrigans is called now!

Advertisement