Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

volvo s60

Options
  • 05-11-2007 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

am in the market for a volvo s60 diesel automatic (yes i,m lazy and tight), and am wondering if there's any difference between 2002 and 2003 models. have found two cars but the newer one has higher mileage than the 02 model. im not a year chaser so it doesnt bother me if one is 02 reg and one is 03 reg, i just want the best car. its best to mention that the 03 model is in the uk so the 90k on the clock is probably motorway miles whereas the the 02 car has 77k and works out about 1500euro cheaper once vrt and transportation are taken into account.
    the spec levels on both are very similar.
    any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've driven a few S60s. Nice, solid, comfortable cars. IIRC, there are little no differences between 02 & 03.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

One thing to look out for is the timing belt. I think they're scheduled every 90k miles, double check, don't just take my vague recollection as fact. If the 90k car has had it done, it could be a big saving. Space is going to be tight on a 5 cylinder FWD car, it could be a costly engine out job.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

thanks guys,
    any thoughts on british motorway miles vs irish mileage?
    i'm thinking shagged bushings, suspension etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

if both cars have a full service history I see no reason to go with the irish one.

the uk car will almost undoubtedly have been looked after better and uk roads are better than irish ones too, and imo so are the dealers who look after them

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Make sure to get a HPI check done on the UK car too. At least that way the mileage, service history and any MOT failures can be verified.

I'd put money on the UK car being higher spec too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭frankie2shoes

ok, just test drove the uk car. looks in really good nick with full volvo service history from the same garage. one owner from new. problems: timing belt is due in 5k miles. also airbag fault which he assures me will be sorted (its going to be fixed tomorrow)
    jesus the turning circle is rubbish on them though, and its got no parking sensors. if i decide to buy it i won't be able to let the wife near it;)

Advertisement