Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity hotel punch-up

Options
  • 05-11-2007 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

Anybody know who's the sleb who's mentioned on the front of this week's Galway First for causing aggro at a Galway hotel (and which hotel)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Yup im interested too,i doubt anyone will be allowed post a name so just lash me an old PM :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

padi89 wrote: »
    Yup im interested too,i doubt anyone will be allowed post a name so just lash me an old PM :D

I was intrigued too.. include me in the PM if ya know! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Welcome to the gossip forum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

yeah me too, celeb sure, I'd bet it's a Fair(ly) C(Sh)ity actor...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I would like to categorically state that Galway First and it's older, more bet down sister the Advertiser would never make anything up, even in a slow news week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Robbo wrote: »
    I would like to categorically state that Galway First and it's older, more bet down sister the Advertiser would never make anything up, even in a slow news week.

Only a few weeks ago the Advertiser had to retract a story that the Corrib Great Southern Hotel is to become an Asylum Hostel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

any idea who it was?? I no Ryan Tubridy was in Galway last week but somehow I doubt it was him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

C-J wrote: »
    any idea who it was?? I no Ryan Tubridy was in Galway last week but somehow I doubt it was him!!

Wishful thinking! Tubridy looks like he wouldn't bate snow off a rope!

I hope this isn't another GalwayFirst attention-seeker story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

I'm guessing a TG4 presenter. I've no actual proof but I'm thinking of one in particular, he's the one thats never off the television

Nah, he doesn't seem the type. My money's on Derek Mooney*... :D

*yeah, right...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Frankieboy

Well whoever it was did it not say they had a partner.
    Does Tub's have a partner :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

isn't he recently seperated

edit: tubridy

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Actually it was the Seoige sisters fighting over me*

*it could happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Surely someone must have an idea:confused:

Is there any particular reason why everyone is assuming it's an Irish 'TV star'? As far as I can remember the article didn't mention the person in question is Irish! I'm hoping it was Nicholas Parsons!

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    Is there any particular reason why everyone is assuming it's an Irish 'TV star'? As far as I can remember the article didn't mention the person in question is Irish! I'm hoping it was Nicholas Parsons!

Pretty sure it said "Irish TV star"...

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Indeed, word on the street (well, the Skeff last night) has it that a 'celebrity' did indeed 'go wild' in this 'Fair City' of ours on the night! Had to google him. Never heard of the guy in my life.

soundbyte wrote: »
    Indeed, word on the street (well, the Skeff last night) has it that a FAIRly sh!tTY 'celebrity' did indeed 'go wild' on the night! Had to google him. Never heard of the guy in my life.

does said person have hair?!

Sorry edited last post to avoid confusion. Hair? Dunno, never heard of him before.

soundbyte wrote: »
    Sorry edited last post to avoid confusion. Hair? Dunno, never heard of him before.

is yer man bald? as in, when ya googled the guy, I presume it gave a picture?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭walt0r

I saw a guy from Fair City in the quays the other night (Wednesday night) and he was outside smoking a fag. He's the guy with brown hair who is a mechanic with Jimmy. I don't really watch it so don't know his character's name. He's riding the redhead wan. It could have been him?

walt0r wrote: »
    I saw a guy from Fair City in the quays the other night (Wednesday night) and he was outside smoking a fag. He's the guy with brown hair who is a mechanic with Jimmy. I don't really watch it so don't know his character's name. He's riding the redhead wan. It could have been him?

Man, this is disappointing if it's him, in fact anyone in that ****e soap-opera :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

bit of a non story so...a unknown irish "celeb" goes crazy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭C-J

no way thats hilarious!! 'star' for gods sake must be stuck for a story!!

I dont watch any of those programs, so don't know who it is.

I'm awaiting a PM though to reveal who it is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

maybe it should've read "Irish F-List Celebrity Goes Wild"!

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    is yer man bald? as in, when ya googled the guy, I presume it gave a picture?

No offence or anything, but do you want me to spell it out?

The answer is in my first post andit's not exactly cryptic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

And what exactly is he accused of doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Fey! wrote: »
    maybe it should've read "Irish F-List Celebrity Goes Wild"!
    We need more letters after 'Z' to do that story justice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Speaking of fair city “celebs”, many years ago I punched an obnoxious baldy idiot one night after he kept making unwanted advances on a girl friend.

He was quite surprised that his celebrity status didn’t protect him from a good clatter.

I don't know his name but he was quite tall, I wouldn't suprise me if it's the same gob****e.

Advertisement