Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Banned, banned and banned.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

Too late, you're all nerds, the lot of ye!!!
    Sorry, it took so long to get back too, but it just seems to be that particular Mac! And the wireless too, like draffodx said, that can kinda go on and off sometimes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MDTyKe

I have a Mac (Macbook C2D) and it was always fine in college. Sometimes the LAN (cable) didn't work but that was something to do with it not giving out IPs. The wLAN/Wifi was usually fine.. but it took its hiss-fits at times and wouldn't let you log in or do anything.. but that wasn't just my Mac.

I have Windows on it too (VMWare.. had Parallels but it didn't use 2 cores). How are you finding the Mac? Somebody was asking me about making the switch last night, and I recommended it to them for its stability. I'm using Leopard, and while it's definately not as smooth as Tiger, I will say I am whole-heartedly impressed... and I've been a Windows user since 3.1/Workgroups days. Vista just killed it for me - it was bloated, OTT and just impractical. Its "security" was a nightmare.

With the Mac, I suppose my greatest liking is the fact that if something crashes (eg, Messenger for Mac or something hideous like that), only it crashes.. everything else is fine and doesn't notice. I will say though, that when that happens, my Macbooks temperature shoots up and the fans go on full-steam-ahead until I kill the process.. then it drops about 20C in a matter of seconds.. its odd.

Matt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

MDTyKe wrote: »
    I have a Mac (Macbook C2D) and it was always fine in college. Sometimes the LAN (cable) didn't work but that was something to do with it not giving out IPs. The wLAN/Wifi was usually fine.. but it took its hiss-fits at times and wouldn't let you log in or do anything.. but that wasn't just my Mac.

I have Windows on it too (VMWare.. had Parallels but it didn't use 2 cores). How are you finding the Mac? Somebody was asking me about making the switch last night, and I recommended it to them for its stability. I'm using Leopard, and while it's definately not as smooth as Tiger, I will say I am whole-heartedly impressed... and I've been a Windows user since 3.1/Workgroups days. Vista just killed it for me - it was bloated, OTT and just impractical. Its "security" was a nightmare.

With the Mac, I suppose my greatest liking is the fact that if something crashes (eg, Messenger for Mac or something hideous like that), only it crashes.. everything else is fine and doesn't notice. I will say though, that when that happens, my Macbooks temperature shoots up and the fans go on full-steam-ahead until I kill the process.. then it drops about 20C in a matter of seconds.. its odd.

Matt

Yeah, I can't get the LAN to work either. Oh well, the Wi-Fi works now so I'm not complaining. BTW, don't use MSN for Mac. Use AdiumX. It's far better.

I'm running Tiger. Don't have any experience with Leopard so I can't say. I'm running Windows Xp through Bootcamp. Was thinking about setting up Parallels but I just haven't got around to it yet.

Macs FTW. Once you go to Mac OSX you'll never turn back. It's so easy to use and when there are certain cases that you just need Windows you can always use Bootcamp or something else.

Ah, I'm glad I got one anyway :)

Now, I'm a nerd and the whole world knows!!! Mwahahahaha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Good gloiben he's right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

I'm right? That's a first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

*pats head*

Advertisement