Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Books needed for Honours Irish Leaving Cet exam 2008

Options
  • 05-11-2007 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey ! could someone out there please do me a big favour and post up the books and novels etc, poems etc that you need for this years 2008 Higher Level Irish, Im repeating my Irish next summer to go on and do Primary Teaching, so im hoping to teach my self, but if anyone knows of a nighcourse on the leaving Cert in Galway City or Grinds available, any info would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Well the books my class use are Fiuntas 1 and 2. Book 1 deals mainly with Reading Comprehensions and writing your personal essay/story/debate. Whiel Book 2 deals very well with the poetry and stories and Stair na Gaelige and that, with what I think are very comprehensive notes.

We also did a novel called A Thig Na Thit Orm. Well we just read the summary book of it. It's incredibly boring but very easy to understand and answer questions on it.

We also just have a Listening Book aswell as the Past Papers of course.

Best of luck with the repeating!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Any help needed just ask!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Ramones

In the same boat myself - started grinds back in September and my tutor recommended the following

Less Stress More Success - Higher Irish
    Eist Le Seo
    Fiuntas 2

All going well here so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 forgodssake22

Hi there.

Im doing basically the same as poster 1 but ill be repeating Honours Irish in 2009. Is the course the same this year as last? Are the books in the above posts still valid this year?

Much appreciated.

Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

we're using fuintas 1 and 2
    did an trial as our play

we hardly ever use the books except for reading the full versions of stories as my teacher makes her own notes for everything-stair,filiocht,scealta,aiste etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Our class used the book "Diograis Nua" by....someone (sorry, can't remember the author's name) It has a green cover with trees.
    The "Ceapadoireacht" and "Leamhthuiscint" sections in Diograis are rubbish, but the Stair na Gaeilge and the pros / filiocht are covered fairly well.

We also did the drama "An Triail". With the text of the play we also used to books of notes on the play (again can't remember the authors names but one of them had a black and red cover)
    "An Triail" is pretty simple and the story of it is actually interesting enough.

Hope this helps some bit!

EDIT: Oh and the "Dreimire" magazine series is very good for essays and general notes. You should pick that up if possible.

Advertisement