Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of moving to dublin city (need advice on apartments/accommodation)

Options
  • 05-11-2007 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

Hi guys,

So im planing to move to dublin city but im a bit of a newbie to living in rented place.

What im looking for is a place close to the city center because i'll be working around there.

Just afew questions,

What areas are best?

Whats the going rate per month? On average?

At the moment im not fussy on either an apartment or studio but i just want an average going rate for both?

If any of you guys have any other tips or advice please do so.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ideally, find somewhere close to work with the services you need, shops, restaurants, doctor, etc.

Having somewhere by youself tends to be quite expensive. Strongly consider sharing an apartment or house with others.

The general types available are:
    * Apartments - typically with 1 to 3 bedrooms and a livingroom, 1 or 2 bathrooms
    * Flats - apartments from sub-divided houses
    * Studios - combined bedroom / livingroom
    * Bedsits - combined bedroom / livingroom, however, you may share some services like bathroom, laundry, etc.

Sizes will vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

Try www.daft.ie for an idea of places for rent. It really is the best one and always updated.

Search for areas such as Dublin 1, 2, 7 and 8. They are city centre - higher the number the further from the city eg D24.

I live in a large one bed apartment in Dublin 8 and pay €1000 a month. You can get cheaper and dearer but I'd say thats abou average. I think D8 is a great area to live - others willl disagree- but it really is so handy for everything. Do you know yet where you will be working?

A quick look at daft and you can get studios in D8 from €650 pm.

Advertisement