Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Basic Digiweb to Wireless Router

Options
  • 05-11-2007 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Friends have the basic digiweb box with 1 Lan port at the back, I had it connected to the WAN port of a Sitecom wireless router, all worked fine up until a while ago when the sitecom got damaged and it was replaced but now the wireless is not working.

I've again connected the digiweb to the WAN port, on the sitecom I've enabled the wireless router as DHCP but when I check the WAN settings its not getting anything from the digiweb box. When I restart the digiweb box and check the WAN settings I get an address, I enable the wireless on the PC, it picks up the sitecom but dosen't connect to the web.

I log back into the sitecom, refresh the WAN settings but again get nothing from the digiweb box. BB works if you connect directly to the digiweb box with a LAN cable.

Anyone got any idea's what's goin on???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I presume you are on Metro? A grey Thomson Modem with coax cable? There are other Digiweb services with "basic" boxes :)

Since the Internet works direct, the Digiweb Modem is fine.

Is the replacement box the correct kind? An ethernet WAN router?
    You have the Modem connected to WAN port of sitecom (Please paste model) not switch ethernet port by mistake.

WAN port of Sitecom should be DHCP (client) with Firewall/NAT not PPoE or Bridged.

Turn off modem and sitecom. Turn on Modem, then turn on sitecom.

If the Wireless keys don't match on PC and sitecom, but mode is correct, it will appear to connect but do nothing.

Recheck you have same WPA PSK (WPA2 AES etc) at Sitecom and on Wireless PC and same long key.

This should be in Wireless Forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 zizuzid

I have a similar problem. Digiweb have told me that its a problem with configuration of my wireless modem....please help somebody!!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Ask here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=86

Post make & model of modem.

Advertisement