Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Future University: LC'ers 2007/2008

Options
  • 05-11-2007 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭

So lads, where are you all hoping to go? Obviously I'm a touch biased it being my uni and all but UL is fantastic, living on campus and the laziness of it is something else! A word to the wise though: you do an awful lot of walking. Its all good though, you need to do something to burn off the beer miles clocked up.

Your University? 84 votes

University Of Limerick
    0% 0 votes
    NUI Galway
    11% 10 votes
    NUI Maynooth
    5% 5 votes
    University College Dublin
    9% 8 votes
    Trinity College Dublin
    15% 13 votes
    University College Cork
    28% 24 votes
    DIT
    17% 15 votes
    CIT
    8% 7 votes
    LIT
    2% 2 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Trinity probably, or NCAD. Don't really like the look of the maths courses in the other colleges. (Maths course in NCAD is just superb like.)
    NUIM is out of the question because it's in the awkward "too far to commute happily, too close to move out" bracket...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,933 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jeez Galway could be quiet this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Trinity for me hopefully. Going for History and Political Science(530 points last year) but I doubt I'll get the points unless they drop a bit. But I'd be happy enough with BESS(480 points last year) and I would be confident enough of getting around 480.

If I don't get either of those, it will probably be History and Politics in UCD(480 last year I think) or International Relations in DCU(410).

I massively want to go to Trinity though, without a shadow of a doubt! But if that didn't work out and if it was a straight choice between UCD and DCU, I would have to go for DCU. UCD is just the most ugliest educational institution!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

we are all the northern ireland unis put down as other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

regob wrote: »

Because they suck. Majorly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Because they are. I couldn't fit them in and/or couldn't be bothered. Who'd want to go to Uni up the North anyway, pfft. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Is DCU not good enough for the poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Buuuurn!!!

I'd recommend UCC. I'm loving it! Its really dynamic, the people are so friendly, and its great that you get to meet so many new and different people. Apparently in the Dublin colleges, people stick together, but its not like that here at all. So fun. And do Law. Sure why not like... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

They're in another country.

Selphie wrote: »
    Buuuurn!!!

I'd recommend UCC. I'm loving it! Its really dynamic, the people are so friendly, and its great that you get to meet so many new and different people. Apparently in the Dublin colleges, people stick together, but its not like that here at all. So fun. And do Law. Sure why not like... :)

No, when a lot of people that know each other before college go to the same college they stick together. Regardless of college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

DIT or TCD, not really all that pushed yet tbh
    Ibid wrote: »
    They're in another country.

no they're not, they're in a different application system, the work involved puts alot of people off.

Dcu!

Nanaki wrote: »
    no they're not, they're in a different application system, the work involved puts alot of people off.

There's no mutual exclusivity between being in a different country and being operated by a different governing authority. The use of UCAS is in fact an indication that Northern Ireland is not the same country as Ireland. The fact that they use a different currency, have different governments and have different laws are further clues in this puzzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

carlowboy wrote: »
    Dcu!

No you've got it backwards - it's U-C-D.
    University College Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

UCD Dublin you mean. ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Nanaki

Ibid wrote: »
    There's no mutual exclusivity between being in a different country and being operated by a different governing authority. The use of UCAS is in fact an indication that Northern Ireland is not the same country as Ireland. The fact that they use a different currency, have different governments and have different laws are further clues in this puzzle.

fair go :P
    a guy in my class is applying to Queen's for architecture jus because you don't need as much to get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Trinity rocks, go there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well hoping for commerce with chinese in UCC, but UL is a close 2nd, my course is in UCC but UL is the best university in Ireland hands down, campus is fantastic.

1huge1 wrote: »
    Well hoping for commerce with chinese in UCC, but UL is a close 2nd, my course is in UCC but UL is the best university in Ireland hands down, campus is fantastic.

Do you judge football teams by the quality of their stadium or the players on the field?

in dont care wat anybody says, i no use all love dublin unis ( i dont no why) but however, northern ireland unis are absolutely by far the best unis in this god damn world

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

i'd recommend trinity,
    i've only been here a month but i love it!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

in dont care wat anybody says, i no use all love dublin unis ( i dont no why) but however, northern ireland unis are absolutely by far the best unis in this god damn world
    Probably because so many people are from Dublin and don't know any other universities,

As for the guy who made the comment about football players and stadiums (sorry forgot it but it wad good)
    Well i've checked out a lot of universities in Ireland and UL has the nicest campus as well as that its courses have very good recommendations with high numbers getting jobs soon after etc (it was in the irish times there a few weeks ago)

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Because they suck. Majorly.

prove this

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There are only a limited amount of options you can out in a poll. There are a some ITs missing from the poll. There are also american and british colleges missing from the poll. The original poster but in the options that he/she thought would be most popular or that where the first to pop into his head. The other option is to cater for all the colleges he/she couldn't think of or even knew of. Please, just learn to calm down a bit regob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

come to DIT...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭tabouli

I was thinking either Trinity or DCU, for either Computer Science/Applications or a TSM.

There are only a limited amount of options you can out in a poll. There are a some ITs missing from the poll. There are also american and british colleges missing from the poll. The original poster but in the options that he/she thought would be most popular or that where the first to pop into his head. The other option is to cater for all the colleges he/she couldn't think of or even knew of. Please, just learn to calm down a bit regob.

sorry almightycushion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

NUI Maynooth hopefully.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

DCU to the MAX! Live near enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Come to Mary I..:D

Advertisement