Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico/'3' Mobile. Disaster !

Options
  • 05-11-2007 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

I appreciate that there are several threads about '3' mobile and also references to Perlico but I could not find anything related to my problem so decided to write this. Some members will know me from other threads about BT but the experience I had today with Perlico surpases anything BT could come up with. !

I saw the Perlico advert for a wireles 'anywhere' internet modem and after talking to them, about the modem, 129.00 and then only 19.99 a month for a 3.6Mb connection speed, and a 200.00 holiday voucher and 14 days in which to change my mind, I thought ' Great stuff ' so I signed up on 26th October. Credit card for the modem and a bank DD for the monthly payment. As it was just before the bank holiday weekend I was told the modem would arrive on the Tuesday after. I waited Tues, Wed, etc. etc but nothing arrived so rang them today.

The following is what happened and I am still reeling from the shock that some organisation has actually managed to beat all others into the depths of disgusting service and double talk and practically outright conmanship, that even I never managed to experienced with BT or Eircom.

I rang the number given me by the girl in Perlico who said I could call her direct if I had any problems but when I did so she proceeded to tell me that I had cancelled the order. When I asked 'how' she said that she had called me a few days after my order to confirm my order, and that I had cancelled it, but after further questioning she changed this and said that she had taken the wrong c/card number so the transaction had been cancelled, although she still insisted that she had called me anyway. I asked her 'why if she had taken the wrong number did she not ask for the correct one', during this 'supposed' phone call, and ' how had she managed to record the wrong number when in fact she had read the number back to me during the initial set up of the account'.

She had no answer for this but changed the subject, and said that I must now go through the whole registration proceedure again. ! I told her that I needed to check with my c/card company first to find out if any transaction had in fact been charged to me, and would then call her back.

Needless to say when I rang the CC company they confirmed that 129.00 had been taken from my account on that first day - 26th October. !

I rang Perlico on the 'supposed' direct line to the girl but was told she was 'not available', and asked to explain my problem again. After doing so I was told that I do not have an account with Perlico. ! When I pointed out that money had been taken out of my account on 26th Oct and could I therefore please talk to a supervisor I was transferred to another dept.

Upon arrival there I was spoken to by a member of the sales staff and not a supervisor, and when I insisted on speaking to one I was asked for my account number, telephone number and name, etc, etc, before I could be passed to any supervisor. After repeating all I had told the previous members of staff, and giving my telephone number etc, and confirming that I had no account numbers I was told that there was nothing on their system that referred to me at all. !

I kept asking for the girl who had taken my original order on 26th Oct, as she would be aware of our discussion and my 'signing up', but after giving this girls name and 'direct' telephone' number I was informed that they did not know of such a girl or such a telephone number. !... WOW... Unbelievable.! Perhaps they think I am a crook trying to con them or something. ! I was then told to call that direct number again and speak to that 'aparantly fictitious' girl, which I did.

Again needless to say, when I called it and asked for her I was again told 'unavailable'. So here I am having had 129.00 taken from me, and having signed up for a 19.99 DD with my bank, unable to find anybody within Perlico who could help, or could 'actually even trace' my application/registration/sign up on their system. ! I ask, what kind of an organisation is this who can do this to an innocent brand new customer. ? To continue....

I again insisted during this latest call to speak to a supervisor and was again transferred to another dept. It was apparant to me that the whole sorry scenario was about to be repeated although I was trying desperatley to keep my cool and keep from getting angry. I have seen numerous posts by Staff of other ISP's here on Boards, stating they will not help any customer who gets angry or raises his voice, but what is an innocent customer supposed to do when faced with such outright lunacy as that which I was experiencing. ??

The new member of staff kept repeating what had been said by others before, although she did eventually manage to come up with an alternative suggestion. This suggestion was that my registration was actually the business of "3 mobile" and not Perlico as the internet service that I had signed up for was administered by '3 mobile' and not 'Perlico'. ! ~Wow. When I said I knew nothing about this and did not have any contact with '3 mobile' and knew nothing about them but had dealt solely with Perlico, she told me to call '3 mobile' and see if they had my registration. !

By this time I was almost speechless but agreed to call them. Needless to say the call got me knowhere as the '3 mobile' operator insisted I had to give her an account number or a reference number, and was told to go back to Perlico and obtain this and then go back to '3 mobile'. !!! :mad: :mad:

I called Perlico again only to get the same answer as before, - no account, no reference - not on their system. ! Back to '3 mobile' again to again explain that Perlico state they do not have any information, and that if I HAD actually signed up with them I would have received an invoice and a confirmation Email. !

After explaining that I was not prepared to throw away my 129.00 this second operator on '3 mobile' suggested that I obtain proof of the transaction from my bank and fax this proof to them. Ok, she gave me a very queer number to send my fax to, but I agreed to do that if it meant that I could bring an end to this sorry fiasco. On to the internet to look up my CC transactions, print them out and compose a fax to '3 mobile' which I then tried to send.

Unbelievably it would not transmit. !! :) Called '3 mobile' again to check the 'queer' fax number but was subjected to more hastle, time wasting, and an outright refusal to give me the fax number unless I gave my account number. !!! :mad: So it continued until at least the 'penny dropped' with another member of staff who then gave me the correct number to send the fax. ! The fax was duly sent at 3pm but of course at 6pm no contact had been made with me, but I did notice from my fax machine that the fax I sent had been redirected to a UK number. !

At this time this fiasco has been ongoing without a stop from 10.30 am until 6 pm and still no resolution.
    The point in writing all this is chiefly to warn other members NOT to go near Perlico or '3 Mobile' for this so called 'wonderful offer' which is being advertised by leaflets and also on the Perlico web site. IF any other members have signed up for this same service I would very much appreicate a posting of their experiences. ! BEWARE. BEWARE. Eircom, BT, Anybody - here I come. !! NOBODY can be as bad as this, not even BT. ! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

surveys, may I suggest paragraphs next time you post :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

' 3 ' ' Broadband ' is the most disgusting piece of sh1t masquerading as a bb service ever foisted on this sad and pathetic technorubble country (along with Clearwire and Ripwave :p) and comes with the most useless lying incompetent call centre on the planet thrown in for free .

Perlico have really outdone themseveles in trying to replicate the 3 call centre in bangalore so they have. I fear they may even have succeeded :eek:

How someone as wise as you ever got conned by them surveys I will never know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭surveys

Cabaal wrote: »
    surveys, may I suggest paragraphs next time you post :)

:) Your right. ! I got so blindingly angry my etiquette went out the window. ! Together with half my precious hair and a few other things. ! :mad: Um. thanks for rearranging it. Couldn't have done better myself. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

You seem to have gone for the worst partnership of companies ever in the history of the state to try to provide your mobile broadband.

Hard luck, hope you get a solution. Personally its hard to believe a company could be this incompetent and not actually be able to get it sorted in a phone call. Surely they know they took your money from your credit card which is proof that they took your details and they should provide you with the service or give you, your money back.

Ask for the billing department or finance department or something and explain the situation that some muppet obviously didn't fill in the form but if they look up the name on your credit card they'll see that they have charged you so they either owe you money or service.

Oh and next time you contact them, demand a unique case reference number and quote it every time you speak to anyone there.

Either that or small claims court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'd ring the credit card company - surely this is their territory now if Perlico are denying the transaction took place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

3 need to get themselves together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

ask credit card company to investigate exactly who the payment went to and ask for it to be reversed explain the problems with three and perlico to them and maybe other companies can avoid blackening their names dealing with these charlatans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Jesus Christ surveys, I didn't think things could get much worse for you after the way things went with BT, but you must have a magnet for attracting shite communications companies.

As has been said, get straight onto the card company to get the money back. Just tell them the company is refusing to acknowledge receipt of the money. Also, write a letter to the bank and cancel that direct debit immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 woodsp

I'm disappointed at your feedback. I'd like to assure you that your comments did not go unnoticed within Perlico. I have discussed your specific case with our Head of Customer Care and we are both keen to ensure that any service issue you have had with Perlico is resolved. Please feel free to contact me by email at paul.woods@perlico.com.

I absolutely hate poor customer service and would be more than happy to personally review your case and to identify any area that we can improve the customer experience. To emphasise our focus on customer service Perlico did win the customer service team of the year 2007. However there is always room for improvement and we'd love to win again in 2008.

I'd be interested in hearing from you.

Paul Woods - Commercial Director, Perlico.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Usual company rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 woodsp

I've looked out for your email. Please do contact me as I can't identify you from your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SamandFrank

Another great reason why i'll be sticking with eircom.
    I agree with brim4brim small claims court is there for a reason and should be used in such a horrible case as yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

just as I was thinking of switching to perlico too. they seemed to be offering a good deal, but after reading that I think I'll stick where I am for now.

Advertisement