Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

places that do packages?!

Options
  • 05-11-2007 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

hey,im lookin to buy a board,this wkend,i was thinkin of bundoran surf co.but im just startin out so basically i need,a board,bag,roof straps and a leash,then im set!anyone got any idea of shops that can help me out?also anyone got any idea price wise?!cheers ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

most places will be able to sort you out with that stuff.
    if your in dublin, check out Surfdock in grand canal dockyard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

paddyb wrote: »
    most places will be able to sort you out with that stuff.

Beginner packages are generally the same price no matter where you get them. The guys at bundoran surf co will talk you through it as I'm sure any decent shop assistant will.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭roxychix

i used to work in surfworld in bundoran but either of the two shops will have decent assistants to help you. your prob lookin for a mini mal 7'3" to 7'9" depending on your height and weight etc. something that isnt fibreglass to start with anyway like plastic bic used to be around €345 with leash and wax etc. or epxoy like NSP or circle one all good boards but you will pay a little more for them.€60 /€380 the best thing is to shop around but avoid places in dublin because they are slightly more expensive. dont know if this will be of any help. if your in bundoran drop into the bridge bar for a drink or bite to eat best place in town except for the water of course. startin to sound like a tourist guide so will finish on that note

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

Have a look at the sticky on the top of the main page.. plenty of links to browse there, should help!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

roxychix wrote: »
    avoid places in dublin because they are slightly more expensive

I haven't fount this to be the case. I have seen the exact same packages in Dublin cheaper than on the West coast and vice verca...

Boulavard in Dublin do excellent deals on Irish made and other beginners boards. Just go in and talk to them, they will drop well below the asking price if your nice to them!

http://www.blvd.ie/

(I don't work there or anything)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭roxychix

i have just found when i look around places in dublin they are slightly more expensive because i used to work in a surf shop and we would compare market prices and the east varied alot from the west but that is just my opinion you could be right

Advertisement