Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motor Tax can someone clear this up.

Options
  • 05-11-2007 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

I didnt have to pay vrt on my car as i lived in uk, Now my car was VRT'd on the 26th of Oct and Tax Paid on 3rd Nov, was out of the country now i tried to pay it online and i had to pay 50euro in arrears as my car was reg in oct. so i had to pay for full month of Oct even though it was not reg till 26th, can i appeal that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You could have had a declaration of non-use stamped & signed by the Guards, which would have entitled you to pay tax from the 1st Nov. The answer to your question is no though, tax is calculated from the first day of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Well that Sucks, Thanks for clearing that up.

It's €50, i'm sure you'll get over it.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Anan1 wrote: »
    It's €50, i'm sure you'll get over it.;)

He should'nt have to though. If you can convince the guard the car was'nt on the road until the 1st of Nov you can have an off the road decleration stamped and you won't need to pay for the month of October. I recently had this done as I picked up my new car on the second last day of the month, no way I'm paying a months tax for 2 days use!:rolleyes:

So I told him. He did use the car though, and he didn't get the form signed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Anan1 wrote: »
    So I told him. He did use the car though, and he didn't get the form signed.

True I suppose its a bit late now once he's payed his tax.:D

Advertisement