Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on this Bike Please!

Options
  • 05-11-2007 8:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Hello cyclists,

During my recent search for a new bicycle to cycle into college and such, I came upon this: http://www.visp-sports.com/bikes/beach-cruiser-black.php

Anyone know if this company is any good?

However, the contact section of their website doesn't work.:confused:
    So does anyone also know how to order from them?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

for €179 the bike probaly weighs more than most articulated trucks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

E@gle. wrote: »
    for €179 the bike probaly weighs more than most articulated trucks

LOL and that's a fully laden artic !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

?:confused:
    (I'm really not a bike expert at all, bear in mind that I'm still using the same pink bike that I've had since I was 9)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

Theres a pile of them on ebay http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&catref=C6&from=R10&satitle=Visp&sacat=33503%26catref%3DC6&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D3&sadis=200&fpos=Postcode&sabfmts=1&saobfmts=insif&ga10244=10425&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1

Personaly I'd check out your local bike shop first. Lots of 2007 stuff being cleared at the moment.

and they won't take kindly to bringing your Visp in to have th gears adjusted

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭scaldybelt

Just took a look at the website image - that magnifying cursor is useful.
    Based on the layout of the bike, I think it's made by Micargi (Asian mass producer of various beach cruiser style bikes).

I bought one of Micargis strectch cruisers while working in California a few years ago and bought the missus a standard beach cruiser (like this one).

The components are the same as most of the Visp Sports parts - saddle, tyres, cranks, frame. Although we got single gear, coaster brake rather than shimano on ours. Let's be honest - Visp-Sports only added a few stickers to this.
    I used to know a few chaps that imported a couple of hundred of these bikes to the UK for resale a few years ago (micargi allow to you to design the end product based on their range of frames styles, colours, components). Not sure if they made their millions out of it or not.

As a quirky bike to run to and from college, I think it's ideal - comfy saddle, a couple of gears, dynamo lights, carrier, mudguards......
    Don't worry too much about a cycle shop not wanting to repair any future faults on the bike - you would be paying them no matter what you were cycling. I got a 7 speed shimano internal geared hub installed on one of our beach cruisers and the UK shop enjoyed the novelty of working on it.....as well as charging me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

It depends where college is, how far away etc..

I wouldn't use one of these bikes around Dublin. The seating position is too far down, wouldn't give you a great view of traffic etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

It's a "beach cruiser" style bike, designed for traveling short distances slowly. Which is fine if that's what you want to do.

Advertisement