Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone in Terenure, D6W

• 05-11-2007 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hows it goiing,

Im having trouble with vodafone reception in Terenure. I work from home and find that the signal strenght changes constantly. Ive been on to vodafone numerous times and eventually theyve agreed to look further into the problem. But Im just interested to see if anyone else has experienced problems in relation to this.

Thanks

Al

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HiredGun

The area of Terenure - Bushy Park - Templeogue (D6W) is a nightmare to cover for the operators. There are very few commercial buildings around and very few of them are any higher than the surrounding housing estates. Where I live '3' is excellent indoor (thanks to the ugliest mast on top of a pizzeria), Vodafone is okay'ish, O2 only so so, and Meteor is crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭FergalBoards.ie

I have two areas that I sleep and work in where Vodafone coverage is a disaster. In both cases the reception goes up and down just like you say.

This is apparently due to commercial transmitters, that when they operate, "confuse" the phone. The phone is receiving 0s & 1s from the network for speech. Because it is digital interference doesn't come out as a blast of static but either missing zeroes and ones which reduces the sample rate effectively (thereby making the sound muddy) or else it swamps the phone completely and you get silence in the midst of the other party talking.

Or something like that. I'm sure someone technical could pick holes in what i just said, but I'm sure you get the gist.

Interestingly Meteor have superb reception in one of the sites that I mentioned. I'm not sure if Meteor use some kind of different technology in coding the call that makes it less prone to interference (or less prone to this particular type of interference at least).

In the other site, Meteor just don't have a transmitter, so I can't do a side by side comparison there.

Moving to 3G on Vodafone made an enormous difference. I'm not sure whether this is because it is a different frequency or because the codec used on 3G is more robust.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Board_silly

Thanks for that

Still havent heard back from vodafone..... and they promised theyd call!!

Advertisement