Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats the best time of year to buy a second hand car?

Options
  • 05-11-2007 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭

Is it at the start of the year when there is an influx in the amount of Second hand cars or is it the same the whole year?
    Id like to get a car in the next month or so but if prices usually go down in the new year I can wait another bit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

I recon February or March

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The best time to buy is the time when the person with the best car is selling.:) Seriously, just keep looking and you'll know when the right one comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

It really depends on what you want - there is undoubtedly more choice in Jan/Feb as trade ins come in, but this is a very quiet time of years for garages & private sellers so there are deals to be done now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Last January was very quiet (in Ennis at least) in the 12 or so main dealers in the town. It was March before we really saw any real choice coming in. Not sure if that's the case everywhere or every year (SSIA holders could have been wating until they got their cash to trade in), but I was a bit surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

jus wrote: »
    edit: jus's link removed!

CN reg? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement