Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private parking

Options
  • 05-11-2007 8:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Was wondering if anyone has had any experience solving this 'problem'.

The apartment I rent has a designated spot in the private car park. Every apartment has it's own designated spot.
    Over the last few months, random cars have been parked in this spot. Sometimes for a few hours, sometimes for a day or two, which means I have to park on the road.
    There is a gate to enter the car park, and each spot is clearly numbered.

I've left notes on the car, requesting they move immediately, but there really isn't any easy way to tell who owns it.
    I've called the management company, and they say it's the apartment owner (landlord's) responsibility.
    When he talks to them about getting the car clamped, they of course change their song and dance, saying they own the ground underneath the concrete, so its a 'grey area'.

If management do not have a policy in place for clamping, is it up to the owner of the apartment to have the car's clamped? Is it within his right, since if he sold the apartment, it would include the designated spot.

I haven't read the contract with management yet, but I'm quite surprised that it isn't up to the owner of the spot?
    The worst part is that the people that are parking in other people's spaces seem to know that currently nobody 'can' or is doing anything about it.

Any suggestions?
    -I can't 'block' them in with my car because it will affect neighbours' access to their spots.
    -Slashing tyres is not an option.

TIA

Comments

Advertisement