Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions on .ie

• 05-11-2007 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

Hi I'll ask a question then !

A friend of mine told me that he had registered a .ie domain name but hadn't registered the business name etc with cro. I doubted him as he said that he hadn't sent in extra info anywhere.

I checked the domain name for him to find out that the domain name was registered by HIS EMPLOYER. He apparently did tell them that he had registered this particular domain name at the time and I reckon that they went and checked it and sent in a request for it themselves under discretionary name, a similar associated name to their business.

(1) Is there any way of checking when they registered the domain ?

(2) what is the actual procedure when someone registers and pays for a .ie domain name but doesn't send in follow up paperwork ? Does the reseller send reminder or what do Blacknight do ? Are they entitled to refund ?

(3) If one searches for a domain name and it is available, one purchases etc at what stage is the .ie no longer available on search ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

somano wrote: »

(1) Is there any way of checking when they registered the domain ?
    Not really unless WE handled it
    (2) what is the actual procedure when someone registers and pays for a .ie domain name but doesn't send in follow up paperwork ? Does the reseller send reminder or what do Blacknight do ? Are they entitled to refund ?
    We send reminders. It is clearly stated in our terms and conditions that you must provide the documentation where required. It is not our fault if you fail to do so.
    (3) If one searches for a domain name and it is available, one purchases etc at what stage is the .ie no longer available on search ?

Thanks
    Once the domain is ordered and paid for via our site it is no longer available as there will be a pending application. (There maybe a small delay for this)

Advertisement