Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Falling asleep around 4

Options
  • 05-11-2007 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

High all,

Wondering does anyone here have a habit of falling asleep around the same time.Once 4pm comes around I can barely keep my eyes open,whats the story?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

They say it's something to do with chemicals in the brain...ie...they dip naturally just around the mid-afternoon period..however my granny was adamant that it was a sign of weakness/possession by lazy spirits,intent on supplanting idleness in place of energy-she used to swear by onion juice mixed witha liberal splash of maple syrup to keep my dead grndfather going,when he was alive that is

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

God I wish I had a job that would factor in a 4pm nap! I get really wrecked too. I recently read a really interesting article about how it could be traced back to a time when it was in our interest to sleep for a while during the day (relatively safe period) and allow us keep a look out for dangers later at night before we slept again - our circadian sleep patterns etc.

Kives: I don't fancy onion juice and maple syrup though ...eeewwww

Advertisement