Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toys4 Big Boys -RDS

Options
  • 05-11-2007 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

This is on this weekend in the RDS. Anyone ever been and is it worth going to ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I've never been myself, but anything to do with "Toys4 Big Boys" has to be worth a look :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I was at it last year... it was pretty poor...

They even let the scienctologists have a stand.... people were lining up to have their theaton levels measured...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

It's been getting crapper very Year ; Last year was the worst,,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I went the first year ( i think ) that it was on and thought it was a load of me hole. Shudder to think what its like if its disimproved since then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

haha, the first year was probably the best. They even had the 'Gentlemens' clubs being promoted.

It can be entertaining but depends on your level of internet use. I mean if you visit Gizmodo and Engadget then you are likely to have more insight into the type of gadgets you *might* see. The good thing is you might get to see it in the flesh so to speak.

If you get a free ticket then go for an hour, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

hshortt wrote: »
    If you get a free ticket then go for an hour, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it.

Went the past 2 years only coz I got freebies.
    Last year was woeful. If you're around 15-18, you'll probably enjoy it, and see the odd scantily clad model promoting a new console. Otherwise, don't bother. I wouldn't go this year even if it was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

If you get free tickets then go. If not then I wouldn't pay in to that as its just a big waste of time in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The only reason to go last year was to have a go on the Wii before it was released...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭johnnyflav

Anyone know where I could blag a free ticket to this. Went two years ago and was a little disappointed, I'd go but I wouldn't pay in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

bedlam wrote: »
    Gizmodo/Engadget circa 2004 :)

Haha! They'd be better off having kiosks with these sites permanently loaded on display terminals.

Cheeiro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

how does one go about getting these "free tickets"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Went to this last night.

A fiver for parking and 16 quid into the thing and it was absolute ****e. I only stayed about 30 minutes and tbh I had seen everything in that time. Very little of interest and for the most part it just felt like the organisers were struggling to fill space.

If you have a free ticket, nothing else to do and think you might be interested I suppose give it a shot but otherwise dont go near it.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I've been exhibiting there all weekend and it's a particuarly crap show. I did it about 2 years ago as well and it was crap then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Thanks for the info guys.............glad I didn't go now!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

They even let the scienctologists have a stand.... people were lining up to have their theaton levels measured...
    I personally made Clear OT Level III which means that as soon as my €5,000 donation to the Church of Scientology clears I can expect to have Xenu beam me up to the Mothership and we can hang out and watch the 7-hour director's cut of 'Battlefield Earth' together.

Happy days.

Advertisement