Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is Pepsi slowly disappearing?

• 05-11-2007 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭

Ever since my first blind taste test in good old Northside Shopping Centre, I've always fought the battle of the colas on behalf of Pepsi. (pepsi max to be precise), but I've noticed over the past number of months that all the Pepsi types seem to be gradually disappearing from the shops.

Where before I knew I could get a Pepsi max, or at least pepsi/diet pepsi in most shops, now its become a rarity. Even my local supermarket didnt stock it for a period of about 2 months! Tonight I stopped in 3 garages between Dublin, Kildare and Meath, and I ended up having a bottle of Dr Pepper (and a tear in my eye...)

Perhaps this thread belongs in the conspiracy theory forum, but I think that the Coca Cola Santa Clause is beating all the pepsi delivery drivers up and stopping them from making those oh so important cola deliveries.

TO THE MAXXXX!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

hmmm, I haven't noticed a decrease in it at all....though it's not something I'd be looking for that often, I'm more of a coke person myself!!

They were selling cases of 4 or 5 in Poundworld in Blanch last week for like 2euro...maybe they are trying to get rid of it!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It sucks.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 barrymufc7

not as nice as coca cola but does well in many foreign countrys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

pepsi is horrible, i'll be glad to see it disapear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I prefer pepsi to coke.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Coke for me I'm afraid, there doesn't seem to be much of an Irish market for it. Don't drink it as often as I used to though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It depends on the country. In the US, Pepsi is way nicer than Coke, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,297 ✭✭✭Archeron

Faith wrote: »
    It depends on the country. In the US, Pepsi is way nicer than Coke, IMO.

Does it taste different than it does here? I thought they were the same everywhere. I just find coke to be too chemically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Archeron wrote: »
    Does it taste different than it does here? I thought they were the same everywhere. I just find coke to be too chemically.

Coca Cola in America tastes way way too sweet. I buy Pepsi these days because it's cheaper than Coke (6 pack of cans) and I ordered Pepsi Max by mistake from Tesco last week and I thought it was nice.

Having said all that there's nothing like going to the cinema and getting proper Coke, not that awful watered down stuff. And I like to get a can of Coke before my lectures start (at 4, don't worry, I don't drink Coke at 9 in the morning!).

I haven't noticed a decrease in the amount of Pepsi available. I've never had a problem getting it.

I'm off to get my can of Pepsi out of the freezer now. Yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Yeah, I'm a Pepsi only drinker and I've found it less prevalent than coke. One time I was walking from town to James' Hospital on a warm summer's day. Not one shop had pepsi. For spite, (and pepsi loyalty) I suffered from thirst all the way!!! more fool me! ha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

Pepsi's sweeter, imo.

Pepsi ftw!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,108 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Whats wrong with drinking Coke at 9am? I'm an avid Coca Cola drinker, drink way too much, about 2 litres a day. Nothing better than a nice cold can of coke! I think the caffeine effects don't show on me though, i drink too much of it to have an effect. Coca Cola should sponsor me!

And as for drinking Dr. Pepper, sick! That has to be the most hossible drink in the world! I'd drink Irn-Bru before it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭kev_s88

i hope Pepsi is going cause its absolutely ****e

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

No Coke....

PEPSI!Coke-vs-Pepsi.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

TGI Fridays only serve's Pepsi. Hate dat.

Supermacs used to serve C&C minerals (Pepsi) but they moved to Coke. Maybe they got a cheaper deal with coke or customers complained. Think Pizza Hut is pepsi also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Pepsi & Hookers just sounds stupid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

TAB! ;)

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Pepsi tastes a wee bit salty, anyone else get that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Yep this issue is absolutely true, Pepsi availability is gone way down. Most smaller shops just don't have it at all now. As for Pepsi Max forget it! It seems to go in waves, a few years ago Pepsi was everywhere, especially Max. Now it's gone again. Not sure wht's going on?? Yes and Pepsi definately tastes better than Coke. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

And as for drinking Dr. Pepper, sick! That has to be the most possible drink in the world! I'd drink Irn-Bru before it!

Fifteen years after the one and only time I drank Iron Bru and I can still remember the taste followed by the need to vomit. Dr. Pepper is not much better.

When out of the country and in hot climate, ice cold pepsi is tastier than coke IMO.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,322 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I was given a Pepsi in the bar in Dublin Airport last week. I'd forgotten how truly vile that stuff tastes, I took two sips and left the rest because it was so sickly sweet. Each to their own I know, but I wouldn't miss it if it vanished off the market completely.

i'd say that c&c arent making much off pepsi. as the owner of the rights to pepsi and 7up in ireland i'd say they make more off 7up. pepsi is rank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

Lawdie wrote: »
    Fifteen years after the one and only time I drank Iron Bru and I can still remember the taste followed by the need to vomit. Dr. Pepper is not much better.

Don't be dissin' Irn-Bru! Tis the drink of the Gods.

As we sing at Scotland games:

We hate coca cola,
    We hate fanta too
    We're the tartan army and we drink irn bru

:D

On topic, Pepsi is much much better than Coke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I see that KFC & BK are both selling Coke now. IIRC they were both Pepsi-only places in the past.

pepsi used to own kfc.
    not anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Hill Billy wrote: »
    I see that KFC & BK are both selling Coke now. IIRC they were both Pepsi-only places in the past.

BK were Coke in the past when I worked there , circa 2004

Advertisement