Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions

Options
  • 05-11-2007 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

Okay guys, probably the most retarded question ever, but me and the lads are coming up for the day from cork, whats the best way of getting from dublin airport to trinity college on the cheap - does the luas go from the airport to the college or whats out best option?

Cheers guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

get the 16/a from the airport to dame street and get off straight after the bus turns around college green, grafton street is mere seconds from the bus stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Dar8

Try the 16 or 16A bus from outside arrivals,takes around 45 mins to Dame Steet,or for & 7 or 8 quid the comfort of the aircoach,about 10 mins,you sound like students though...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

get the 16/a from the airport to dame street
    Dar8 wrote: »
    Try the 16 or 16A bus from outside arrivals,takes around 45 mins to Dame Steet
    The 746 would be faster.

Dar8 wrote:
    or for & 7 or 8 quid the comfort of the aircoach,about 10 mins
    Aircoach would take at least 30 minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

The 746 would be faster.

was thinking both, but the bus would be cheaper

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

He must mean the actual flying aircoach..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Bus Eireann 100 or 101, €4 last time I got it and takes about 20 mins. Only leaves you as far as busaras though.

pithater1 wrote: »
    Bus Eireann 100 or 101, €4 last time I got it and takes about 20 mins. Only leaves you as far as busaras though.
    ...and as they are coming to the end of a longer journey, they can run way off schedule!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭SQDD

Thanks for that guys! So 16/16a is best option? yeah we're students coming up for the day, is this 16/16a the luas? we're flying up to the airport. are we honestly talking 30mins at least to get to trinity?! like tis only 13km on google maps!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

The 746 would be faster.

Possibly the best kept secret, the 746, its cheaper than the 747 for some strange reason.

You can also buy a one day bus ticket (all regular Dublin bus services for one day) or a transfer 90 (only sold in packs of ten though so it depends how many of you there are in your group). Tickets are available at the information counter in the airport and you can use them on the 746.

Prices at http://www.dublinbus.ie/fares_and_tickets/daily.asp

746 from airport about every hour 0915; 0945 hourly to 1245 then 1315 ever hour to 1615 then 1700; 1800; 1900; 1930; 2030; 2145.

746 from City back to airport from O'Connell street, but not as reliable.

Dude, I'm presuming people are politely ignoring your questions on the luas... The luas goes nowhere useful, at all, ever. It doesn't even serve D4 never mind the northside or the airport. It might as well be a direct link to Watergrasshill.

Luas is best ignored, there be deamons there.

• Advertisement

TJJP wrote: »
    Possibly the best kept secret, the 746, its cheaper than the 747 for some strange reason
    It may have something to do with the fact that the 747/748 are 'express' buses while the 746 is a standard service bus from the Airport to Dun Laoghaire (and vice versa)! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭SQDD

Thanks for that TJJP! guess we'll be getting the 746 in that case! I thought the luas was all the craic in dublin, obviously not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

SQDD wrote: »
    Thanks for that guys! So 16/16a is best option? yeah we're students coming up for the day, is this 16/16a the luas? we're flying up to the airport. are we honestly talking 30mins at least to get to trinity?! like tis only 13km on google maps!
    There is no Luas to the airport. Do ye not get newspapers down there in Cork?

Dublin has a lot of roads and cars. When it gets busy, all the cars go very slow.

There are buses up here though. You can pay the bus driver and he will bring you to the city centre. Some buses are 2 storeys high - we call them double deckers. No doubt this will excite you, and you can go up the stairs and watch the big shmoke from up there.

You may have heard of the Spire? Actually, I doubt you have. It's a big metal pole that goes way up into the sky. When you see that, that means you'll be getting out soon.

It may have something to do with the fact that the 747/748 are 'express' buses while the 746 is a standard service bus from the Airport to Dun Laoghaire (and vice versa)! ;)

True that, but it runs 'express' on the airport to city section, then regular to Dun Laoghaire.

Thanks for that TJJP! guess we'll be getting the 746 in that case!
    It was actually I who suggested the 746 in post #4! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Thanks for that TJJP! guess we'll be getting the 746 in that case! I thought the luas was all the craic in dublin, obviously not!

It comes once an hour and is 1.90 into town. The 16A is the same price and comes at a similar interval.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Oh it is all the craic. Don't dream about leaving Dublin without a trip on it. A 1-way ticket from Abbey St outbound on the red line would be my recommendation.

TJJP wrote: »
    True that, but it runs 'express' on the airport to city section
    :confused:

75 25 O'Connell St.
    76 24 Dorset St. (North Frederick St.)
    77 23 Dorset St. (North Circular Rd.)
    78 22 Drumcondra Station
    79 21 Drumcondra Rd. Upr. (Clonturk Park)
    80 20 Swords Rd. (Griffith Ave.)
    81 19 Swords Rd. (Collins Ave.)
    82 18 Swords Rd. (Shanowen Rd.)
    83 17 Swords Rd. (Lorcan Rd.)
    84 16 Swords Rd. (Santry Ave.)
    85 15 Swords Rd. (Santry Stadium)
    86 14 Swords Rd. (Turnapin Lane)
    87 13 Cloghran Service Station
    88 12 Corner Collinstown Rd.
    89 11 Dublin Airport

OK I surrender! You're right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

The Air Coach stops at Trinity as far as I know or near enough to it anyway - on suffolk street.
    It a blue bus.

• Advertisement

cazzy wrote: »
    The Air Coach stops at Trinity as far as I know or near enough to it anyway - on suffolk street.
    It a blue bus.

Its not cheap though.

The Air Coach stops at Trinity as far as I know or near enough to it anyway - on suffolk street
    Inbound - At the bottom of Grafton Street (outside the Provost's House).

Outbound - Suffolk Street.
    cazzy wrote:
    It a blue bus.

Like this!

Aircoach.jpg

They are every 15 minutes I think, so its quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

€ 7 one way for the air coach. Thats a lot. www.aircoach.ie.

€ 7 one way for the air coach. Thats a lot. www.aircoach.ie.
    That fare is for all distances - it's not much to go to Sandyford!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭binhead

NO NO NO NO NOOOOO.

Stay on D'plane till joo see D'big roundy ting where dey used to hang us from and den ask the plot to let ye out.

Chape as chips!

like.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Your best bet would be to go to the bus and rail office in the Airport and get a family one day ticket,I think they are 8 euro.This will get 2 adults and up to 4 kids unlimited travel on all Dublin Bus services.You will only get two adults on the one ticket on less some of the lads look very very young,but even this is great value it means you get unlimited travel for the day for only 4 euro.

These also work on the express 747/748 buses.

If you were to pay into the city ON THE NORMAL 41/16A its 1.90 and another 1.90 back out so thats 3.80.So for 4 euro using my system you get unlimited travel.

Advertisement