Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with installing bluetooth handfree kit!

Options
  • 05-11-2007 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

I recently bought a sony ericson HCB-300 and got it today. Going to have ago at installing myself as don't have much money at the moment. Anyways, I have two questions for you guys! My first question is how do I crimp these two together as I don't have a crimper (incase you havent guessed I'm a complete noobie)

Red%2022-28%20Loop%20Crimp%20connector.JPG
    and a 12v wire.

And my next question is do I just unscrew the nut, place my new crimped wire onto screw and replace nut? Heres where I'm thinking!

2-1060-19388-l-Cn046gCrl3y4fsxxdgpJw.jpg

Thanks for your help guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

First off, you would be better off getting a crimping tool but you could crimp the connections with a Vicegrip or pliers. Jut make sure the connections are solid (Don't be afraid to pull the connection to check it, better safe then sparking a fire)

Yes, your connections to the fuse box are RED for 12v+ & the earth nut will do fine for the ground connection.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement