Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrishBroadband GoCard - Opinions

Options
  • 05-11-2007 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

http://www.irishbroadband.ie/products_display.php?id=49

i was just wondering if anyone had purchased the GoCard from irishbroadband? i currently have the broadband in a box (€18.95 a month) but am thinking of changing to to the go card.

Anyone have any thoughts or views?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Its probably as reliable as ripwave if even is my first thought and I am an IBB Breeze customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I'm told it's ripwave for Laptops. The aerial may not be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

watty wrote: »
    I'm told it's ripwave for Laptops. The aerial may not be as good.
    Yeah pretty much. The ariel doesn't have as high a gain and although they're only officially sold in Dublin they can be used pretty much anywhere that has Ripwave coverage in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭dub0605

thanks for the replies. so would you think i should just stick with what i have now?

the signal is good on what i have now but its just the wires and then the box has to be beside the laptop so the wire can reach and then the box has to be beside a socket cause it has to be plugged in.....a heap of wires!!! i just thought if the gocard would be as good it might be easier

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You could use WPA WiFi on an ethernet WAN router (not ADSL router) if you have ethernet Ripwave and not USB version.

• Advertisement
Advertisement