Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what was the name of the loud kid..

Options
  • 05-11-2007 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

..in the beano or the dandy or some comic like that?

He had a huge round head as far as I remember and he was full of good intentions but people were always p!ssed off with him because everything he said he shouted.
    And he was in at least one comic library

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Well there was a comic book character like that from Dilbert called Loud Howard, and he always had good intentions but he shouted all the time

Lh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

no I remember the character i was thinking of was in a comic library where he was on the cover going *AAAAHHHHHH* to a doctor, and the sonic blast wrecking everything, and contorting the doctor's face.

This is wrecking my head :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

pwd wrote: »
    no I remember the character i was thinking of was in a comic library where he was on the cover going *AAAAHHHHHH* to a doctor, and the sonic blast wrecking everything, and contorting the doctor's face.

This is wrecking my head :(

its wrecking my head as well now

I've found a "mighty mouth" in the buster who's the same idea also but that's not the one I'm thinking of either

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I don't remember the particular strip in question, but went off rooting to see if I could find any likely contenders. I didn't find anything that seemed likely, but I did have a rather nice half an hour remembering all sorts of comics I used to enjoy as a kid. Anyway. Check out the following, you may find some useful info about the character you're thinking of:

The Beano
    The Dandy
    Topper
    Beezer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Fysh wrote: »
    I don't remember the particular strip in question, but went off rooting to see if I could find any likely contenders. I didn't find anything that seemed likely, but I did have a rather nice half an hour remembering all sorts of comics I used to enjoy as a kid. Anyway. Check out the following, you may find some useful info about the character you're thinking of:

The Beano
    The Dandy
    Topper
    Beezer

Yeah already went through all the wikipedia enteries but nothing jumped out - all my dandy and beano issues are in my parents attic, might have a look through them next time I'm home.

I went through all those lists and he's not anywhere!
    Did they do once-off characters for the comic libraries sometimes? I only remember him from that one I mentioned.

At the start of it he went carol singing and his parents were surprised when he came back with piles of cash, until he explained he was paid *not* to sing...

ringing any bells for anyone?

Advertisement