Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Do You Eat Yours?

• 05-11-2007 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Me and a friend had this conversation on the train home today - some foods just have to be eaten a certain way.
    For example when eating a kit kat, the rule is that you eat off the chocolate around the edges and then dip the rest into tea, then eat.

Tea Cakes:
    you eat all the chocolate from around the marshmallow then eat the marshmallow and then the biscuit!

Jaffa Cakes:
    you eat off the chocolate then peel off the orange circle bit then eat the rest of it in one go!!

:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Crunchies -> Eat the chocolate around each edge (trying to bite off as little crunchy as possible) then you should be left with a chocolateless crunchy...then just munch the crunch... mmmmmmmm

Jaffa Cakes -> Eat the chocolate, dump the jaffa and eat the cake...(don't kill me)

Though the ultimate best! Snack Bars (the ones in the purple wrapper) -> Eat the chocolate like the above, then eat one biscuit, and then lick the chocolate centre off, then eat the remaining biscuit....I'm so hungry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

just shove em in me gob.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I eat the cake bit first on jaffas.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Yeah, I peel off the orange deeleys and eat them seperately

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Cheeky_gal wrote: »

Though the ultimate best! Snack Bars (the ones in the purple wrapper) -> Eat the chocolate like the above, then eat one biscuit, and then lick the chocolate centre off, then eat the remaining biscuit....I'm so hungry!

that works for club milks too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Hoola Hoops - Put them on your fingers and eat them off.

Dont say that you havent done it, because you have. Its a fact.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

but now they only fit my little fingers :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Toffee Crisp - bite the toffee off the top (Throw away if desired) and eat the bottom on it's own.

Malteasers V.1 - Bite the chocolate off all around so you're left with just the middles. Do this for a whole pack and when they've all been de-choc-o-fied, throw them all in your mouth and suck them untill they dissapear

Malteasers V.2 - Bite them in half and suck the middles out of them, then put the two chocolate shells together and eat :)

Moro - carefully peel away the toffee and choc skin and throw it in the bin. Then bite the two flat pieces of chocolate at the end off, when they're gone you can either just eat the lovely middle bit or you can go for the challenge and try to bite out all the crispy bits.

I could go on forever, I realised long ago that I eat most of my food in very unusual ways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Archimedes wrote: »
    Hoola Hoops - Put them on your fingers and eat them off.

Dont say that you havent done it, because you have. Its a fact.

Hoola Hoops - I put them on something else and YORE MA eats them off.

Dont say she hasn't done it, because she has. Its a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Tea cakes. Cut precisely, the chocolate/mallowy bit, off from the biscuit bit with your teeth. Turn chocolate/mallowy bit upside down and proceed to scoop out the mallowy bit with monster munch. N'yom! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭genie_us

Tea cakes. Cut precisely, the chocolate/mallowy bit, off from the biscuit bit with your teeth. Turn chocolate/mallowy bit upside down and proceed to scoop out the mallowy bit with monster munch. N'yom! :D

mmm that sounds lovely I must try that one!

On the theme of weird combinations, does anybody else put maltesers in with their popcorn at the cinema? YUM

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Mars bars : eat off the end nougat bit then dip the caramel bit in a mug of tea so it melts a little and your left with soft melty caramelly stuff, drewwwwl...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Giant chocolate dipped strawberries:
    • Dip stawberry in chocolate
    • Place stawberry half-way in your mouth, holding it with your front teeth
    • Crawl over to your lover and offer a bite
    • When your lips meet, chew strawberry gradually turning it into a French kiss
    • Repeat as often as necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

*Drools at B!ue* I'd add whipped cream into that equation.;)

When eating Tea Cakes, I break off the biscuit in one bite with my teeth and then suck the soft marshmallow out. Finally, I cave the chocolate shell in with my teeth and melt it with a mouthful of tea.

YUM!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Mars bar~ eat chocolate off edges and off bottom, then eat the nugat then roll the toffee and suck on it for 10mins...

milky ways... eat of chocolate and then eat soft fluff

malteasers ~ eat chocolate off and suck the crunchy bits...

club bars get duncked in tea and sucked then the biscuit gets eatten

jaffas~ chocolate then cake then orange/berry/lime jelly bit...

Marshmellows need to be put in flame before being eaten..

pop corn the crunchy end bits go first then the ball bit

reese peanut butter cups... choclate eatten of first then the middle...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

jergam wrote: »
    does anybody else put maltesers in with their popcorn at the cinema? YUM
    Always!!! This is the BEST :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

D.T. Jesus wrote: »

Moro - carefully peel away the toffee and choc skin and throw it in the bin.
    That is a sin of the highest order....... throw away the CHOCOLATE??? Cadbury's CHOCOLATE???!!!!!!!! :eek: You strange strange person......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

finally somewhere i can ask this!!

yano when your eating a pack of hula hoops and you take a sup or yer drink lets just say coke zero, do you find after you sallow that drink the the drink remains in the hula hoops !?? can anyone else back this up!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Time Out - bite off both ends. Use as straw to suck up tea. Then eat the finger - it has gone all soft inside from the hot tea... YUM!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Hoola Hoops - I put them on something else and YORE MA eats them off.

Dont say she hasn't done it, because she has. Its a fact.

Consider yourself warned.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Consider yourself warned.

The thread was moved from AH, where that kind of thing is allowed!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Thanks Faith.

I must ask the lads to put a 'moved from AH' in there to let us know.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yeah, I was thinking that. Generally you can tell when it came from AH by the posters, but you can always click "Edit thread" and there's a log at the bottom that tells you the thread history.

Advertisement