Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can anyone tell me. . . .

Options
  • 05-11-2007 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

what issacs hotel on mccurtain st is like? And also what the restaurant of the same name on that street is like. Thanks in advance. Also if anyone can recommend any nice restaurants in and around the city centre.
    V

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    what issacs hotel on mccurtain st is like? And also what the restaurant of the same name on that street is like. Thanks in advance. Also if anyone can recommend any nice restaurants in and around the city centre.
    V

No idea what the hotel is like but the last time I was in the restaurant it was very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Yeah, Isaacs restaurant is very nice.
    There's a new restaurant in the old Coal Quay building called the Cornstore. I was there recently and it was very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Isaac's bistro is nice, but expensive IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Both pretty good. Hotel has the waterfall though... Although it is cold these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Kold wrote: »
    Both pretty good. Hotel has the waterfall though... Although it is cold these days.

Well they don't expect you to shower in the waterfall.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Isaac's is a nice and reasonably priced restaurant, Greene's (the one in the back with the waterfall outside) is a lot more expensive and is meant to be more upmarket, though I'm not convinced it's good enough to justify the prices.

The hotel's supposed to be pretty good but I can't say from personal experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 CuriousE

Hotel is lovely & centrally located. Restuarant is tops, have never had a bad meal there.

There are lots of nice restaurants to choose from, if you dont mind paying a little over the top.... Les Gourmandises is fantastic, french restaurant with Mitchelin Star Chef....0214251959. Its an experience from the moment you walk through the door...a real treat ;)

Advertisement