Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

do you need somone to accompnay you to driving test

Options
  • 05-11-2007 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi

I know that it is the law if you are in a first prov to have an accompanied driver, but I was just wondering if it is an instant fail if you drive to the test on your own, is it an automatic fail- considering you are breaking a rule of the road?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BoxingCrab

Well seeing as the change in the law has been put back until next July you should be ok until then... I did it on my first provisional a few months back and there is no problem..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

BoxingCrab wrote: »
    Well seeing as the change in the law has been put back until next July
    BoxingCrab - please get the facts right before posting advice!
    sabrina99 wrote:
    I know that it is the law if you are in a first prov to have an accompanied driver, but I was just wondering if it is an instant fail if you drive to the test on your own, is it an automatic fail- considering you are breaking a rule of the road?
    How you get to the test centre is not within the remit of the tester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭okcomputer

Some official clarification is actually required here but I am guessing if you are asked by the tester you can say your dad accompanied you and he has gone off to get lunch :rolleyes:

okcomputer wrote: »
    I am guessing if you are asked by the tester you can say your dad accompanied you
    I have never heard of anyone being asked (in an official capacity) how they got to the test centre.

The test begins when the examiner calls the candidates name in the waiting room. How the candidate gets to the test centre is not within the official remit of the examiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Coala

they cant see how you got to test centre,i was on my own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

BoxingCrab wrote: »
    Well seeing as the change in the law has been put back until next July you should be ok until then... I did it on my first provisional a few months back and there is no problem..

They are enforcing first provisionals, and third. It is only second they put back the law for. First is still illegal.

Jumpy wrote: »
    It is only second they put back the law

(See post #3 ;))

The deferral applies to EXISTING 2nd provisional licence holders up to midnight on the 29th October 2007 in CATEGORY B only.

Those who obtained a second learner permit from the 30th October onwards are required to be accompanied!

Advertisement