Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcelona addict

Options
  • 06-11-2007 12:48am

is this annoying anyone else massively?..... even a fairly adverage player is capable of winning with them.... you cant catch there strikers if they get passed you....

all addicts play the same... pass it across goal and tap it in...why are the goalies always miles to the side.... they save about 1 in 100 of these shots!! :mad:

i think i must have played them every second game...i click one ppl too fast to avoid them...got to be more careful..... why is it 90% of ppl have to be them every fking game!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

They have 3 of the hottest forwards in the world(and eto'o), hhmm i wonder why people pick them. Inter are pretty close to them.

They have 3 of the hottest forwards in the world(and eto'o), hhmm i wonder why people pick them. Inter are pretty close to them.

i know that but why cant the majority of ppl rotate between teams instead of picking them every game. its not like 1 or 2 do it its nearly everybody!. pretty sad always having to have the best team.... from tonight ive taken extra care when selection an opponent to avoid these cliowns now!!...... the riunning down the line and short passing into the box on top of that wrecks my head.... some fella done it 3 times in one game...did i not hear about them cutting that out in last years one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It happened with Inter last year was bound to happen with Barca this year.

I support Barca so play with them offline against the computer, but if I'm playing with my mates or playing on xbox live I rarely pick them. Random select is the way to go. People online just want to win, most of the time they actually don't care about the game itself and so you end up playing the same team 10 times in a row.

There's more than likely a team that can match Barca defensively. Milan could cancel out Inter in Pro Ev 6 with a bit of tweaking to the formation I'm sure there's an equivalent solution this time around too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Makaveli wrote: »
    It happened with Inter last year was bound to happen with Barca this year.

I support Barca so play with them offline against the computer, but if I'm playing with my mates or playing on xbox live I rarely pick them. Random select is the way to go. People online just want to win, most of the time they actually don't care about the game itself and so you end up playing the same team 10 times in a row.

There's more than likely a team that can match Barca defensively. Milan could cancel out Inter in Pro Ev 6 with a bit of tweaking to the formation I'm sure there's an equivalent solution this time around too.

Pick brazil... fire with fire, haven't played much online in pro evo 2008 cos its a sham, but thats what i do in FIFA, taught every one of em a lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

One thing that used to piss them off was to just pick the same team as them, ha you'd get some abuse for that off them. Idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

THere's a very simple solution to playing against Barca, foul them all the time in midfield. When Xavi/Deco gets the ball, foul him. Set somebody to man-mark their player maker and rotate the yellows on him. Then he can't play a through ball. Also, drop your offside to C, move your defenders much further back the pitch, and move your defenders attacking arrows to back towards their own goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

pick chelsea and crowd them out

then, play a quick ball up to drogba, he runs by everyone and scores

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

i know that but why cant the majority of ppl rotate between teams instead of picking them every game. its not like 1 or 2 do it its nearly everybody!. pretty sad always having to have the best team.... from tonight ive taken extra care when selection an opponent to avoid these cliowns now!!...... the riunning down the line and short passing into the box on top of that wrecks my head.... some fella done it 3 times in one game...did i not hear about them cutting that out in last years one?

People want to win so they pick teams that are good and familiar with...I presume you don't pick sh1te teams :) Anyway, if you see a tactic being used all the time, adjust for it...At this stage you should have enough practice against Barca to counter them.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It's kind of frustrating because you want to mix things up a bit. There are hundreds of teams to choose from - even if you stick to the top flight of teams, there are enough there that you shouldn't have to pick the same team for 10-15 matches at least.

For me, it's the playing the game on it's easiest setting. Sure it works, but where's the fun or entertainment in that? You enjoy your win more if you've had to earn it.

One of the things that used to work to tick them off in PES6 on Xbox was that you pick the same team and your could pick same kit. Childish, I know, but it's a chance to wreck their heads. :rolleyes:

Haven't played with 2008 online yet because there's so much about the brutal lag that make it unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Top ten teams imo

1) Barca
    2) Brazil
    3) Argentina
    4) Inter
    5) Chelsea
    6) Man Utd
    7) France
    8) Real Madrid
    9) Italy
    10)Bayern Munich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Have to say Netherlands are my team at the moment, Robben and Babel on the wings, Ruud or Huntelaar up front plus Van Der Saar is an absolute monster in goal! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

event wrote: »
    pick chelsea and crowd them out

then, play a quick ball up to drogba, he runs by everyone and scores

Agreed. I remember a guy on PES6 moaned to me that Drogba was too good, and guess who he had upront? Zlatan and Adriano :rolleyes:

ya i got into a habit of picking Brazil if i encountered one of these fellas.... but Brazil's defense is poor tbh... at this stage im just not picking someone who constantly pickes them...just keep searching.

id pick AC as my fav i think at this stage...love running with Kaka!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Unearthly wrote: »
    Agreed. I remember a guy on PES6 moaned to me that Drogba was too good, and guess who he had upront? Zlatan and Adriano :rolleyes:

To be honest i thought Shevchenko was much better than Drogba, and better than Adriano on PS2 but not 360.Ronaldo for M Utd is stupidly good, i couldnt resist using him over and over again to rip people to shreds, silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

ya i got into a habit of picking Brazil if i encountered one of these fellas.... but Brazil's defense is poor tbh... at this stage im just not picking someone who constantly pickes them...just keep searching.

id pick AC as my fav i think at this stage...love running with Kaka!!

LOL whenever I played online most people's last five teams were Inter and if it wasn't them it would be Brazil. It's sh1te online.

Keith186 wrote: »
    LOL whenever I played online most people's last five teams were Inter and if it wasn't them it would be Brazil. It's sh1te online.

i actually dont mind ppl picking any other team constanly unless its Barca' tbh!!...... ill just search to find someone like myself now and avoid the Barca addict!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Man Utd seem to be the best team to counter Barcelona, besides of course being Barcelona yourself. They are so solid and consistent that even if you lose you don't get trashed. The players work so well together so are very very hard to breakdown as well as defend against

Advertisement