Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some questions on buying a 360

• 06-11-2007 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to buy an Xbox 360 and I need to ask a couple of questions.

1) As far as I'm aware the Premium Xbox doesn't come with a HDMI cable included?

2) Microsoft use an Xbox specific HDMI cable, if I buy a standard HDMI cable will it not work on my Xbox?

3) Is there any danger that Microsoft will drop the price of the xbox in the next couple of months in order to get an edge in the xmas console war? I dont want to buy an Xbox next week and see the price drop in December.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I cant see them dropping the price before xmas. They know they'll have the market when the Wii shortage kicks in so they wont want to lose any money. Just shop around for the best deal you can get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Premium Doesn't have the HDMI, the Elite console does though.
    The premium does come with standard hi-def cables.
    Some third party manufacturers make compatible HDMI cables I think. Logic3 maybe.
    You might find that retailers offer different deals before christmas, but there are always different deals around the place, just shop around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭6digitnumber

So the 360 has its own HDMI cable and a standard one that I could pick up in a TV+HiFi shop wouldnt work on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

New premiums do come with HDMI port, it was added a few months ago*.

All HDMI cables are the same, so you can use any one from anywhere

*It will say on the side of the box/bottom corner if it has HDMI port

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

brav wrote: »
    New premiums do come with HDMI, it was added a few months ago*.

All HDMI cables are the same, so you can use any one from anywhere

*It will say on the side of the box/bottom corner if it has HDMI

It will come with a HDMI port, but not a HDMI cable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement