Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

sharing rental car in usa

Options
  • 06-11-2007 5:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

A group of us will be going to the usa next month and we will be renting a car.
    i read somewhere on another thread that only the person who hires the car is allowed to drive.
    surely this is not true ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

green123 wrote: »
    A group of us will be going to the usa next month and we will be renting a car.
    i read somewhere on another thread that only the person who hires the car is allowed to drive.
    surely this is not true ?

It's not true. You can have as many as you want once they have a full licence and are over 25. As with everything it ain't free, check the companies website for rates and confirm drivers age.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Make sure everyone who will be driving has a credit card. They really do insist on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

On a recent road trip around the Northeast, Hertz charged 3 dollars per day for each additional driver. So for 2 weeks it will cost 3x14days= 43 dollars extra for 1 additional driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Most companies will allow you to nominate a second driver. Try www.carhire3000.ie. They do unbelievable rates. A lot of users here have recommended them. I booked with them for a trip to California and Las Vegas over the new year and no other car hire company was even close to their price

Advertisement