Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP5 with new fuse ain't working

Options
  • 06-11-2007 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭

The fuse that was recommended by kdouglas works (Sorry :o)
    The MP5 now makes a slight sound from the motor like it's trying to fire, mind you, I didn't want to press it for too long....it's not that good for the motor.
    Anyone got any suggestions (liamo333/kdouglas/davvowl/anyone???) however if it involves taking the AEG apart I'll pass

Oh yea and thanks in advance for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

is it a dull click as if the gears are locking together but not moving?
    or is it more like a gears are spinning but slipping/grinding off eachother?

first one means the gearbox is jammed, it can happen for several different reasons, normally just opening the gearbox and reseating the gears will do the job, or if you can use something to release the anti-reversal latch without opening the gearbox this might work

second means the gears and/or the piston are most likely damaged and the gears are just grinding away, i'd imagine its not this as your description would have been more like "makes a horrible grinding noise" rather than "makes a slight sound"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭deepimpact

kdouglas wrote: »
    is it a dull click as if the gears are locking together but not moving?
    or is it more like a gears are spinning but slipping/grinding off eachother?

first one means the gearbox is jammed, it can happen for several different reasons, normally just opening the gearbox and reseating the gears will do the job, or if you can use something to release the anti-reversal latch without opening the gearbox this might work

second means the gears and/or the piston are most likely damaged and the gears are just grinding away, i'd imagine its not this as your description would have been more like "makes a horrible grinding noise" rather than "makes a slight sound"

Yep, sounds like it's the first one.
    I'd say the best thing would be for me to have one of you guys have a look at it. I might be at HRTA this saturday if anyone is there that can do this (I'm not going to single out you kdouglas, you've already been more of a help to me already ;), unless of course you want to be singled out :D:D:D)
    Plus I don't have a monkeys how to open an AEG.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

wont be there myself this saturday as ill be in the rds, but if you dont get it sorted ill have a look the following weekend

Advertisement