Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4 people gunned to death at Carl Cox gig in Venezuala

• 06-11-2007 10:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,583 ✭✭✭✭

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jf2MHf9HCy0

Horrific footage of the aftermath to a shooting at a Carl Cox gig in Caracas has surfaced on the web today, with reports indicating that 4 people were murdered and 9 injured. There’s been no official news reports following the shooting, but forum messageboards around the world are abuzz after footage was posted on YouTube by the night’s VJ.

Cox was headlining the event, called Red Noise, at La Rinconada Terrace in Caracas, Venezuela. The VJ reports that Cox was only 10 minutes into his set when an unknown man opened fire, the gun making a noise that sounded to him “like firecrackers”. He reports seeing 3 bodies on the floor immediately following the shooting.

STATEMENT FROM CARL

05 Nov 07

“I am deeply shocked and still stunned by the events of Saturday [3rd November]. My condolences go out to victims that were caught up in the horrific act that took place at this gig. I am informed that it was gang related, and feel so sad that anybody would act in such a manner when the event was full of 7000 people having fun. I find it such a sad moment in electronic music as this was probably one of the best set up shows I had played in South America – a sign of real progress…yet utterly hijacked by this mindless act. Again, my heart goes out to those that have died or been injured. This is NOT what the dance scene is about and is a million miles away from what I want to do, or promote.”

Coxy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

saw this yesterday, must be terrifying to get caught up in something like that..In saying that, Venezuela is a notorious for crime and violence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

saw this-absolutely horrible, imagine the panic to be at an event like that with everyone runnin for the doors.suprised more werent hurt in a crush to get out.imagine this happened in ibiza or the greek or canary islands over drugs....scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

df1985 wrote: »
    saw this-absolutely horrible, imagine the panic to be at an event like that with everyone runnin for the doors.suprised more werent hurt in a crush to get out.imagine this happened in ibiza or the greek or canary islands over drugs....scary.

good point, maybe I am out of the loop but they seem to keep the Ibiza club scene fairly quiet and trouble free (major trouble anyway!). I suppose clubbing is such a money earner in Ibiza it is of great interest to the businesses to keep it relatively safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Seen this last week absolutely shocking indeed RIP to all those who died.:confused:

Advertisement