Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mammal Survey

Options
  • 06-11-2007 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

As part of a biodiversity study the website www.irishmammals.ie has been setup to so that you the members of the public can tell us when and where you have seen mammals, amphibians and reptiles in Ireland. With your help our aim is to update the distribution maps for as many of our native and introduced species as possible. So if you have seen any mammals, amphibians or reptiles throughout the country recently or in the past and if you have records dating back decades we would appreciate you taking some time to fill out one of our online survey forms.
    Thanks in advance,
    The Mammals in Ireland Team.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

when are the forms going to be active

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Irishmammals

If you logon to the website and click the county where your sighting was made the form should open up in a new window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Irishmammals

Hello everyone,
    I would like to thank everyone that has contributed to the website so far. From the information we received we have been able to plot the locations where a large number of different mammals have been sighted. These maps can now be viewed by logging onto www.irishmammals.ie and clicking the distribution maps link. These maps will be continuoulsy updated as more surveys are completed.
    Once again thank you for you participation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

I saw a stoat in between bangor erris and doohoma in mayo north west,
    I saw red deer in the same place,Frogs,otters on the river owen more,
    Newts in castleknock in dublin
    Foxes everywhere. about 20 hedgehogs in blanchardstown everytime i walk home at night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

Hi there I did pm Irishmammals about problems with registering information but I've had no reply as yet. I clicked on Cork but nothing happened. Anyone actually had any joy with submitting sightings? I would really like to contribute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

I was able to log some records. The form is on a pop-up page - may be your browser is blocking pop up pages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭myjugsarehuge

No it was me not scrolling down the pop up page far enough ! Sorted now thanks

Advertisement