Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Still cant reply

Options
  • 06-11-2007 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭

hi all i logged a thread on this earilier but i cant reply to that thread...or any thread for that matter....ive tried it on 2 pcs and 2 different browser types. cache has been cleared....any suggestions. the icons for em to reply are not showing up.

p.s i cant post a respose to any repliers to this... the icons for em to reply are not showinf up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sounds like a caching issue.

If you're using Internet Explorer;
    Go to Tools > Options > General Tab > Delete Files...
    Tick "Delete All Offline Content" and click OK.

If you're using Firefox, make sure that you don't have adblock swtched on.
    Then press Ctrl + Shift + Delete. Click "Clear Private Data Now".

For both browsers, then go to http://www.boards.ie and hit Ctrl + F5

Should sort it. If all else fails, reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I had a wierd problem like that once when using my parent's computer. My Yahoo mail didn't work and boards had problems like that, I whittled the problem away from their internet provider and it was some problem with their computer. I wish I could tell you what it was but it was a mystery.

Are both computers the same operating system? Same house? Have you tried an interet cafe?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Lol, I just completely didn't read his post :D

With the exception of having adblock on the browser, it sounds more like a proxying issue from the ISP. Many ISPs transparently proxy traffic so that if their cache is out of date or corrupt then you don't get a new page.

An alternative would be to change your skin, which makes your browser download a whole pile of new images. The link below will change your style to the cloud skin:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/index.php?styleid=29

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

will ya look at that...its our proxy...im going to go tump our it guy

Advertisement