Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy Guess handbags

• 06-11-2007 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

My little (18 yr old) sis likes Guess handbags so I'm thinking of getting her one for Christmas. I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any good websites where I can get one at a good price.

I know all the shops where they are sold in Dublin, so I'm looking for alternative options

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭car39

ebay or BT2 have them. if you know anyone going to the states you could ask them to pick you up one,half the price they are here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I don't like BT2's prices. I do have a friend visiting the states soon though so that might be the best option.

I have my eye on a few on eBay, but as always you'd like to know for certain that you're getting the real deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

BT2 is way overpriced...my sis bought one of ebay and its fab...BT2 is more expensive than the guess shop (of grafton st) but strangely they have a better range....
    Someone going to new york is your best bet there much cheaper and again a bigger range...

By the way sometimes ppl just go for a standard guess bag (the material with little G's over it) if you are I wudnt 1.because they look fake and 2.guess do beautiful leather bags with just a big G on the clasp much classier and people will know its a good one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Brown Thomas or BT2 are probably your best bet, at least you'll know you're getting the real deal, if you're in Dublin there's a Guess shop on South Anne Street, don't know what kind of selection they have though. If you're thinking of getting someone to bring one back from the States bear in mind that they mightn't have the same as you see here so try not to expect one particulat bag. Maybe you could pick a couple from here.

By the way sometimes ppl just go for a standard guess bag (the material with little G's over it) if you are I wudnt 1.because they look fake and 2.guess do beautiful leather bags with just a big G on the clasp much classier and people will know its a good one!

I agree completely. The fabric ones don't look great so I would be looking for more of a leather one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

Arnotts have them aswell, and I think House of Fraser in Dundrum does too.

I'm looking for website recommendations, not bricks and mortar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

this place sells them, but have never used them:
    http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/880/default/d/guess+handbags/mt/c/rid/140732
    To be honest, I'd check out the bag first in a "bricks and mortar" shop, as I find that a lot of the guess bags can look really cheap & tacky, while others are nice and classy.
    If your friend is going over to the US, I'd pick out the bag in an Irish shop and get them to pick it up over there in a shop like Macy's, Bloomingdales, Centuary 21 etc, they are much, much cheaper, and you can be sure of what it actually looks like first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

There's always the Guess shop on South Anne Street. I'd go for ebay though.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Quarrybaby

ebay is your best bet, as most of the Americal websites do not ship to Ireland and the prices on the English websites are just as expensive.

I have bought numerous Guess bags off ebay and i can guarantee they are all authentic. Do a search in ebay community for sellers called Stylekitson or Guesslover. I have bought of these sellers before. They have a wide range of guess bags and wallets and they are very prompt at shipping too!!!

• Advertisement

Quarrybaby Thanks a million. That has helped no end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

If you've a friend going to the States I'd recommend that they might pick one up for you. Spent the summer in San Deigo on a J1 and came home with three Guess bags for the same price as one here. There are factory outlet stores which do the real deal of current stock at rock-bottom prices; e.g. I bought a bag that was $55 and saw the same one for €115 in BT when I came home. With the current euro-dollar rate you'll get a good bargain.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. After a good trawl through eBay, I've bought her this bag. Total cost to me is about €70 - so not too bad.

One present down, many more to go....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Personally not my kinda bag, each to their own as they say tho..but well done on a job done!!
    Best luck with the rest of your buys..:)

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Personally not my kinda bag, each to their own as they say tho..

Nor mine either, but she is only 18. Sometimes you've got to bite your tongue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,076 ✭✭✭✭event

what shops would be the best to see a good selection?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 SidinNaas

Try Polkadot based in Nenagh (www.polkadot.ie). Bit late for Christmas but have large selection of Guess products in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭black123

Arnotts is cheaper for guess than bt2 etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭macy9

black123 wrote: »
    Arnotts is cheaper for guess than bt2 etc

Not only are they cheaper but Arnotts have a 20% off everything day coming up soon. Keep an eye out for it.

Advertisement