Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Argos New Release Games Availability COD4

• 06-11-2007 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Was looking through the argos christmas catalogue and they have all new release xbox games at €59.99 which is very good and was wondering what are people's experience with getting them on launch day? Cause call of duty is out this friday and really wanna get it, it'll prob be 70 odd euro in gamestop etc. so would be nice to make a saving.

Also see play.com are selling them already (well they're listed as in stock), would there be any chance getting that Friday if i ordered it now?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭PG4000

I went in there the morning that Pro Evo was released and I typed into the stock checker thing. It said "None in stock. 18 available 26th Nov" which was the date... I went over and asked the cashier and she said that they won't be in stock till that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

From Play.com? Not a chance, if you order it now it'll probably get here in a week, not before the weekend.

As for Argos, any time I've checked for a game there on release day it was always out of stock so I stopped trying, Smyths were usually the same price (or nearly, at least with their card discount) and always have stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I went to Argos for PGR4 on release day, they said they wouldn't have it till the week after! bloody useless!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

please be aware that from this week on deliveries in argos are now on night schedules. So items will be available the next day. This causes some confusion with people. But still deliveries for cod4 should come in thursday night and be ready for sale friday morning.

Argos I work in releases games on day of release no problem.

New games are €59.99...cheapest around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

How do you know what new games they have in stock, do you just have to queue and take the chance they have it when you get to the register ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Deadalus

They have it on play-asia for 35 euro region free. Thats the best you are gonna get

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭hollywoodhoppy

Cheers lads, been some good replies there! Was doing some research myself there on prices of the games i'll be buying in next few weeks:

Smyths had:
    Crysis €44.99
    COD4 €69.99
    Assassins Creed: €74.99
    Kane and Lynch: €74.99
    Think you get 10% off these

Play.com had:
    Crysis €41.99
    COD4 €61.99
    Assassins Creed: €61.99
    Kane and Lynch: €54.50
    They also have some premotional offer that you get €8 off when you spend €80. Only thing is that you prob don't get them on launch day.

Argos:
    All xbox games listed are €59.99

It'd probably be no harm anyone else posting up some prices also. Have a good few games to buy between now and xmas an gonna try get best possible baragains! Must look at play asia, seems like there is seriously good deals!

Jip wrote: »
    How do you know what new games they have in stock, do you just have to queue and take the chance they have it when you get to the register ?

They have a store stock thingy on their website www.argos.ie You can reserve stuff also, it could come in handy

Play-Asia are great, just try to avoid buying several games at once as you're more likely to get stung for customs then. Usually takes about a week to get my stuff from them. Play.com are okay, but I find them quite slow (not necessarily their fault but the post over there, or a combination of both).

Argos site doesn't seem to list games that aren't out yet, don't see COD4 there, but if someone has the code maybe that'll work on the site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

i always mention them because they do a flat rate price on ALL new games and sometimes they release them early (rathfarnham branch anyway)

56 quid. cod4..assassins creed..mass effect..they will all be 56euro

• Advertisement

Antigone05 wrote: »
    i always mention them because they do a flat rate price on ALL new games and sometimes they release them early (rathfarnham branch anyway)

56 quid. cod4..assassins creed..mass effect..they will all be 56euro

hey antigone, is this still argos we're talking about so? must depend on the branch in that case. We've one in tullamore and its usually a few weeks before games come in after release

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

www.videogamesplus.ca is a great site, fast shipping too, around 3 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Don't forget Tesco. Picked up Halo 3 for €49.99

if you go to argos.co.uk you can see all the games before release, get the catalogue number then go to the .ie site or ring a store and they can reserve it for you.

games are available on the .co.uk site to reserve before irish sites.

I don't see any games in the 360 section on Argos.co.uk that haven't already been released. Can you link to the page?

im in college and cannot get into any websites except boards, its how i reserved halo3 though , sometimes they are not up though, but they go on the .co.uk site first so keep checking.

You can ring an argos store and ask to have the cat number found so you can reserve.

Stores wont be willing, but if you ring argos swords, ask for a manager

and say " your weekend supervisor daniel o connor referred me" they will be willing to help, assuming i have already spoken to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭eggplantman

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Don't forget Tesco. Picked up Halo 3 for €49.99
    same here

Advertisement