Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of player are you?

Options
  • 06-11-2007 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

So whats your gameplan when you play Pro Evo, or do you vary it depending on what team you are or are up against?

Im a bit of a Milan myself. Ill keep the ball at the back, pass around for ages and then pounce. Except when I need a goal that is, then I just go Barcelona on their ass. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Incredibly impatient - I don't like my video games turning into the real sport so I tend not to pass it around the back 4 or keep possesion (I want a game, not a tactical battle :) )...I'm quite unpredicatble - seems to shock proper players that I play against.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

I usually play 2-3-5, even at the top difficulty, and actually don't concede much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

Im the one that passes it around the back four and centre midfielders, then try to quickly release a winger up to the corner for the cross into the box, but still trying to get it to work right, if in desperate need for a goal il do as above except pretend to cross and try cut into the box.......im not that great at 2008 yet:(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

try to couter attack as much as possible - get the ball to the wingers and cut in looking for the throughball or shooting op. From a goal kick i'll play it short and try to work it forward with passing and (what passes for..)movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ball to the wingers then let them leg it up the line and then cut in and just cut the ball accross and tap ins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Sweeper the way to play like in previous Pro Evos? yet to give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ball to the wingers then let them leg it up the line and then cut in and just cut the ball accross and tap ins.

tap in merchent...TO HELL WITH YOU!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

No Cutbacks! NOOOOOO CUUUUTTTTBAAACCKKKSSS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Don't think I really have a style. I use wingers, narrow one tow's to split the defence, long shots etc

I always try and avoid using cutbacks but sometimes there is no other choice if it flows that way, unless of course the person I play does them, then I destroy them with cutbacks

Unearthly wrote: »
    Don't think I really have a style. I use wingers, narrow one tow's to split the defence, long shots etc

I always try and avoid using cutbacks but sometimes there is no other choice if it flows that way, unless of course the person I play does them, then I destroy them with cutbacks

Contrary to my previous post, I actually do this too. But only if my opponent is relentless in his refusal to do anything except cutbacks.

Actually, I think my playing style is quite similar to yours, Unearthly. However, when I do play online, it's usually with a certain mate of mine so that would affect "my" style of play too.

Side Note: That's all based on PES 6. Trying to play more online with PES2008 (PC), but I still keep getting that "Could not obtain opponent's information" error... If it even gets that far! I've had 1 single game connect properly, but when it did it was great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Tora Tora Tora

depends on the team i have but usually moving it forward quickly as they are ****e and only have a few minutes of running.

Then derfend like a mutha and win 1-0

kdjac

i always used to be a 3-4-3 player no matter what team when id makes bits of friends regularily(in the older versions)....but after a few games online i wasnt doing too good(maainly cause i was playing Barca every game and there forwards were getting down the wings too easy) so i just use whatever formation is set for them team!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭ChumpStain

I tend to try play it through the middle and keep the ball moving. I never really find any joy with crosses from the wings and I don't like using cutbacks so alot of my goals will come from through balls and long shots. Although I have been known to go on a mazy run with a kaka or messi and just not pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'm a winger man usually. One two to beat the fullback and you're in on goal for a nice little chip. If I've 2 strikers I'll go through the middle aswell with some nice one two's. Not really one for the long-rangers unless the situation is screaming for it i.e.: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=JCQtVlFY_Ag
    (Ignore me waffling on, I may have been drunk!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Mainly play it to wingers quickly and play fast paced direct football. Don't usually pass it about much.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Middle all the way. Only use the wingers when my gameplan is rumbled. I like ot pass the ball about for a while - I'll even go back with it to retain possession. Then a nice L1 triangle and BAM goal!

Still call it L1 Trianlge after all these years!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

cut-back for the win

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Most of my play is down the wings, for a cut back then shoot or cross from the outside. If its a counter attack with a winger and a fast striker ill low cross it to the center.

Throw in the odd mazy run from midfield and the cut back lay off to the late runner from midfield and its a pretty good system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Passing game all the way. Nothing better than stringing together a **** load of passes and ending up with a beautiful goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

United 4-4-2, with full backs high up the defencive line. Play with a defencive & attacking midfielders, a support striker and striker. I move the ball in unpredictable ways, but if I see a space I deliver it in without thaught, and by any means. I could be passing though balls to a winger and you'd be expecting a cross to a striker and then I back heal to the left back and then switch wings with a long ball. Head it down to the center back and it's a long ball up field, the striker chests it down with his back to the goal at the edge of the box, support striker make a run beside him, I send it through and its in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

I usually tend to get the ball and score goals, and when I dont have it, I defend, it's worked for....5 years now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Possesion football, 1-2's and cutbacks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

I get the winng backs to push up on the over lap which gives the winger the option of going inside threw the middle on a mazzy run or get the ball wide and swing in the cross for the strikers or the other full back which has sprinted up the other wing. I find it works well. I hate cut backs but its part of the game so just have to deal with it , or cripple the man before he gets near the box work to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Get the ball and try to move it forwards as quickly as possible, try to outscore the opposition :D. Pass and Go type of football, generally through the midfield to release the wingers to whip in a cross or to the striker making the run.

Defintely trying to avoid the run to the goal line and cut it back across the six yard box, as using this type of play generally risks disqualification from the human race. :)

If you see someone going for this all the time when playing online, try changing to a player outside the box and then Dive (LB+RB+LT) - the ref will probably call play back, book you and give them a free kick. (Petty, I know :rolleyes:)

try to outscore the opposition.

I too have found this tactic to be of great benefit when aiming for victory.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

I go with 4-4-2 with the diamond or if I'm feelng conservative I go with 2 holding midfielders (for the likes of Sevilla).

I prefer to play the way Arsenal do with impossible possesion and passing build-ups and using skill moves in the final third. The longer replays in PES2008 PC really reward that kinda build up play.

But frankly I'm rarely good enough to pull that off and usually just try to identify the opponents weaknesses and turn the screw. If that means cutbacks with the likes of Joaquin or long shots with likes of Gerrard or walsing around the defense with Kaka or Van Persie then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

If you see someone going for this all the time when playing online, try changing to a player outside the box and then Dive (LB+RB+LT) - the ref will probably call play back, book you and give them a free kick. (Petty, I know :rolleyes:)

Wow..... you sir are one scheming son of a b*tch! I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Barcelona tactics for me. Simple back 4 with full backs given a licence to push forward, centre halves man marking most of the time. One deep centre mid in front of the defence then two midfielders just in front. I'm a big fan of long range efforts so these are my players with best shooting ability. Three up top, two of them on either flank then a striker through the middle. E.g with Barca in PES2008 -

Valdes
    Zambrotta
    Milito
    Puyol
    Thuram (I hate Abidal)
    Xavi

Deco

Ronaldinho
    Messi
    Henry--
    Eto'o

Other teams are made to fit my system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Hey Xavi6, do you like Xavi or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

I'm a man who likes to play with his finger off the sprint button and pass it around the middle, go on some crazy ass dribbles and let rip from out side the box.

Like scoring with the inside of the foot aswell, a bit of L2+square action

A bit partial to the odd lob, L1+Square I think.

Swing some near post balls in, double tap on circle?? (cant really remember the buttons unless I'm holding the controller) Diving headers at the near post.

Still looking for ther elusive overhead. Anyone got many of these?

Scores with my first free kick with twinkle toes ronaldo on pes2008.

Someone said recently they defend with only 2 backs, interesting. I too find I dont need much to defend with. You have a decent defender (Rio) he camn pretty much mop up everything, most of the time anyway. I might adopt that approach and see If I can increase the goal count.

Advertisement