Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of player are you?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Passing man meself too, love to throw in a few long direct passes too. Those real long balls work rarely work perfectly but when they do they are spectacular. Usually work the wings and midfield 90% of the time.

Valencia or Roma usually my teams of choice. Hate cutback or Inter/Man Utd./Barca merchants, pansies!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

jebuz wrote: »
    Hey Xavi6, do you like Xavi or something?

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Xavi6, whats wrong with Abidal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

If you see someone going for this all the time when playing online, try changing to a player outside the box and then Dive (LB+RB+LT) - the ref will probably call play back, book you and give them a free kick. (Petty, I know )

Petty... but genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

My tactics are simple; THE BEST FORM OF DEFENCE IS ATTACK. Whoever scores the most goals wins. Simple!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I play a very tactical game. I don't like to give away possession, I always want the perfect goal, I think pace is the most important skill in the game, I defend very solidly, I'll happily foul you if you're in my half. In short, i'm a **** to play against :) Also I rock at free kicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Play 4-4-2 man utd always try to go up the centre or the wings to fond of my True Balls when i should really lob more always on the offense not really tactical and take to many risk's love this game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

PHB wrote: »
    Also I rock at free kicks.

How do you take them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I've been a diagrace at freekicks every PES apart from PES5. Pirlo and Lampard were deadly at them. Now I'm back to hitting row Z, infact I don't even bother shooting anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I think we now see that Thaksin Shiniwatra (former Thai PM and current Man City Chairman) plays PES far too much and has come up with a sure fire way to win the Premier League.

From BBC Sport Link
    Man City ponder swoop for Adriano
    Manchester City chairman Thaksin Shiniwatra has revealed they are pondering a move for Inter Milan's Brazilian striker Adriano.
    Shiniwatra told reporters in Hong Kong: "We're looking to see whether we'll do a swap deal or not.

"Adriano was a top player, but he lost form when his father died, and he put on weight. Now he's returning to form."

Thaksin also said City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson is targeting a midfielder in the January transfer window.

He said: "Dietmar Hamman is getting old. We're looking at a new midfielder who we think will play very well with Elano. We're going to play in a classic style."

Thaksin refused to speculate on how much Eriksson would have to spend, saying: "I never talk to Sven about amounts.

"We'll probably have to sell some of our players and loan some of our players, and we will buy some new players or even loan some new players in this window.

"We're looking for one striker, one midfielder, and maybe a winger," he added.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

A friend and i have been playing pes2008 the last month or so to see who can reach 100points first! I'm only 2 wins away.

We put everything on Random..ball,form,stadium ete and pickd a team each. The winner can stay as a there team or change teams but the loser cant be the same team.

I'd say i aquired well over half my points with chelsea playing this formation

Cech
    Ferrirea Terry Alex Cole
    Essien(cm)
    Ballack(cm)
    .C. Lampard(cm)
    Wright-phillips(rwf) Malouda(Lwf)
    Drogba(cf)
    If Carvalleo is on form play him for Alex and swap terry to the left. If Bellettei or bridge are on form play them instead of Ferrierea, Cole and if J.Cole is on form swap him for ballack and then play him as an (amf) with lampard playing in ballacks position. The key to this formation is use the wingers. Get the ball in the box drogba is good enough. Shoot with Lampard and Ballack they can score from anywhere in the attacking half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

I always cry, and pretend to know the players individually...''C'mon Zlatan..you Bosnian Pr**k....

In game I just adapt to the situation. Through the centre mainly trying to pick out a nice through ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Doffaldinho

I learned to play all sorts of styles with all sorts of teams and found the teams that work well with what styles I want to play. If you want to be good online you should mostly practice on a way to beat Barca as thats what most people use. But I try be an all rounder when it comes to playing Pro Evo :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

I like shifting the ball around at a fast tempo and hitting from distance, be surprised at the amount you get from distance,catchin the opposition by surprise! scored a good few now from halfway line and 35-45yards!

Try to avoid the cutbacks unless its desperation stations!! but that only happens me about once every six months...... haha :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I'm more of a Jack Charlton era Ireland. Just boot it up to some lanky git (invariably Crouch) and hope for the best

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

I use my wingers to literally bring the ball into my opponents box, then hope one of my strikers dusnt balloon it over the crossbar!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheStrandRoads

If you see someone going for this all the time when playing online, try changing to a player outside the box and then Dive (LB+RB+LT) - the ref will probably call play back, book you and give them a free kick. (Petty, I know :rolleyes:)

That sounds like a great move. But you can't dive when you don't have possession as far as I know...

(I hope I'm wrong!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'm actually getting worse at this now, maybe it's because I'm so SICK TO DEATH of everyone I play using Barcelona or Brazil, that I can't be bothered.

I play along the wings, and over the top sometimes too.

I was ok a while back, now I absolutley suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Run the wings

Cut inside

BANG!

Goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Beerlao

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Barcelona tactics for me. Simple back 4 with full backs given a licence to push forward, centre halves man marking most of the time. One deep centre mid in front of the defence then two midfielders just in front. I'm a big fan of long range efforts so these are my players with best shooting ability. Three up top, two of them on either flank then a striker through the middle. E.g with Barca in PES2008 -

Valdes
    Zambrotta
    Milito
    Puyol
    Thuram (I hate Abidal)
    Xavi

Deco

Ronaldinho
    Messi
    Henry--
    Eto'o

Other teams are made to fit my system.
    +1 but with Man Utd with Ronaldo and Rooney as wingers

and i tend to attack with a through ball to the wingers most of the time and i like to bring in an attacking mf (Scholes) into it to have a pop from outside the box. i'm not averse to the odd CM greedy solo dribble from inside my own half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 biscuit_sligo

I have been having great success with barca with this formation

VV

Zanb
    Puyol
    Thuram
    Milito

xavi

deco

Ronaldino

Messi
    henry

eto

Use xavi to sit in front of the back four...Gives a great defence agaist counter attacks. On counter attacks or 1v1 always stand off and time your tackles rather than just sliding or stepping in and hoping for the best.
    Usually play around with it through midfield and camp on the edgeof the box.passing accross if i have to til i find an opening or a good through ball to an overlapping winger. Always find if your patient attacks will be more fruitful!Or jus give it to messi when hes on forum and run all the way to a one on one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

If playing as Man U, will either play Rooney up front and go for through balls or passes along the ground from the wings. If Sahas on Ill try more proper crosses. Oh and the occasional long range shot. Oh and running Ronaldo on form by everyone. If hes red form I usually put him in the SS position.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

well, as i have beaten ''genericgoon'' many a time, i live with him, i have to tell you that he does not employ this tactic, he just used pox! flukey passes ang even flukier goals!! liverpool rule! (also in pro!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

i play 4-5-1 and hit on the counter attack
    its quite effective for me, i soak it up and hit with a goal. dont know why it always seems to work for me. just does

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Cutback central here until this version. In this one I don't really think I have a style, though I will try the old L1 and Triangle quite a bit to set the wingers away. I try a lot of lobs now too, but they rarely work. Makes them all the more special when they do. I can finally hit free-kicks as well, scoring a lot of them at the moment.

Could never defend/attack corners for my life but I've improved a lot at that. My favourite side to play as is actually Switzerland, playing a 3-6-1 and clogging up the middle. Degen and Barnetta on the wings, Vonlanthen as the pacy striker and Wicky/Yakin in the hole(s). Djorou is a good DM as well.

When I'm feeling adventurous I'll go as Roma and let Totti run the show from the hole. No better player in the game imo, possibly Toure but obviously they aren't really comparable.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Mostly play passing footie, try to squeeze the middle of the park and play a killer pass to get in the forwards.I usually prefer man utd for this as scholes is a animal for the through ball and once u get rooney turned on his marker there is only one winner if he is anyway on form.

Advertisement