Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastest *free* P2P Torrent Client?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I changed to Port 80 on Bitlord with no noticable increase in speeds. Think I'll un-install it and give uTorrent a whirl :)

As the boys are saying, it's unlikely to be your torrent client at fault but how well the file is being seeded.

This legal download maxes out my 10M connection so is a good start in your testing :

Please note that Welcome To The Scene is licensed under the
    Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 2.0 license:

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.0/

Thus, you are free to copy, distribute, display, and perform the work under
    the following conditions:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

I changed to Port 80 on Bitlord with no noticable increase in speeds. Think I'll un-install it and give uTorrent a whirl :)
    Did you configure and forward port 80 on your firewall and router too?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Ponster wrote: »
    This legal download maxes out my 10M connection so is a good start in your testing :

Thank you for that Ponstar. I used it to test my uTorrent. Within a minute it was up to 310kB/s+ and there was another torrent on as well at 5kB/s+. This would be around the average limit for my 3M connection (350mB/s is the maximum I have ever got)

Boopolo

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sirspamalot

brim4brim wrote: »
    From my experience Azureus sucks donkey balls. I had the same port config with Azureus as Utorrent but was uploading more than I was downloading with Azureus and getting 240KB/s down with 10KB/s up with UTorrent.

Utorrent is the only worthwhile bit torrent program from my limited experience with a few different ones.

I have been using Azureus for two years now and regularly get 3.6mbits download speeds on my 4MBit Smart BB line. Am I being lied to?
    Admitedly, it took a few days to sort out the port ****e but that's what Wiki's are for, n'est pas?

Does uTorrent use safepeer or something like it?

Ta,

S.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

S,

If you click on Ponstar's test torrent above you should be able to see how fast yours is. With no other torrents I got average 320kB/s on UTV 3M (usualy 2.57MB) service.

Your connection should download that torrent at around 440kB/s

Boopolo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Da Funky Munky

Ponster wrote: »
    As the boys are saying, it's unlikely to be your torrent client at fault but how well the file is being seeded.

Thanks for the link - need my bed now but will check over the weekend ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭sirspamalot

boopolo wrote: »
    S,

If you click on Ponstar's test torrent above you should be able to see how fast yours is. With no other torrents I got average 320kB/s on UTV 3M (usualy 2.57MB) service.

Your connection should download that torrent at around 440kB/s

Boopolo

Yo Boopolo,

am d/ling that torrent, max speed I've seen is 443kB/s but it varies. It has gone down to 7kB/s for a short period.

I guess those figures are OK?

Regards,

Spamalot

Advertisement