Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beer House

Options
  • 06-11-2007 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

Was there last night. I have to say it's one of the best pubs I have ever been to. Fantastic beer. Their Leffe is to die for. It's on par with what is served in Belgium. Are any of you regulars there? What's it like at the weekends?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

if I could afford to become a regular there i would. it's definitely my favourite pub in Galway, it's nice to have decent beer on draught too. damn i hate being a cheap studenty type...

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

'Bierhaus' I presume you mean? Its usually hopping at the weekends and they have some good DJs on Fridays and Sat nights more often than not. They had Donal Dineen there last Friday. It's run by three local guys who all work behind the bar. Best beer in town, even the guinness is good. The foreign beers are usually a bit more expensive for obvious reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Yeah great pub
    Always packed on weekends

Note: Dont try the "Rockefort 10" (Spelling?). Me and a few mates were sampling the menu one night and that stuff was vilest liquid on the list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

Asbad wrote: »
    Yeah great pub

Note: Dont try the "Rockefort 10" (Spelling?). Me and a few mates were sampling the menu one night and that stuff was vilest liquid on the list

Noted, but I want plan on trying everything before the end of the year. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Great beer list and clientelle, but I hate the decor of the place...
    Do they still have that nasty green paint all over the place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Yeah great pub

ha ha , thats my favourite.
    it doesnt taste of beer to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

ha ha , thats my favourite.
    it doesnt taste of beer to me!

Christ thats some digestive system you have!
    My mate blew chunks after it, I almost followed him
    Noted, but I want plan on trying everything before the end of the year.
    Hehe, it should prob be on a list of things to do before you die or turn thirty.

I wish I could claim to be an expert of the menu but usually after the fifth/sixth random drink, everything tastes the same and ive gone over my limit at that stage and start to look like ---> :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

You can't handle your Rochefort 10? Wussies...

I love the place, but abhor the djs. It's too small for loud music, I wish it would stick with the jukebox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

jukeboxes only increase the risk of billy joel

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I was really impressed with their menu, they've nice vodka there too! They've so much stuff and loads of really strong belgium beers ranging from 6% to about 12%. First time I cycled home wobbly after only two beers! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Rhiannon14

Bierhaus is sound alright, especially for the foreign stuff. Another nice place is the Blue Note, but it's a pretty standard beer selection there.

there's also the magical kebab house in the vicinity

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    there's also the magical kebab house in the vicinity
    A land of gumdrops and burger sauce, rainbows and "4oz bacon'n'cheeseplease".

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Aye, Bierhaus is always good for a few continental beers.

Whats the name of that Belgian one that's served in what looks like a science class flask and wooden holder?

Also, I think the pub is run by a few young galway lads so fair play to them. Its good to see a bar try something different from the new modern style of generic drinks and uncomfortable square leather sofas.

kwak?

For all you Pauliner lovers, Dunnes in BriarHill are doing a special. 2 pint bottles of Pauliner for 4.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Speaking of nice beer, I'm new to Galway, where are the decent off licences? Is there any out in the 'burbs? Specifically West-side.

i must get myself to briarhill. i bought 4 bottles last week in terryland and i was charged full price, when i looked at my receipt i noticed their fault and got my money back. Terryland now doesnt have the offer anymore :(

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    i must get myself to briarhill. i bought 4 bottles last week in terryland and i was charged full price, when i looked at my receipt i noticed their fault and got my money back. Terryland now doesnt have the offer anymore :(

Do! I picked up 16 bottles of it last night, just incase the offer ended soon. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

pid() wrote: »
    For all you Pauliner lovers, Dunnes in BriarHill are doing a special. 2 pint bottles of Pauliner for 4.50.
    I got 4 bottles for 8 quid in the new one off the Western Distributor-of-pain Road a couple of weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Ah, you have no taste! Rochefort 10 is the best belgian triple known to man! Its not something I'd really have on a night out... more something to savour after a nice meal like a fine cognac.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Great selection of beers alright.

Not mad on the interior of the place though. Was a bit tatty inside last time I was there.

Great selection of beers alright.

Not mad on the interior of the place though. Was a bit tatty inside last time I was there.

That's what adds to how cool the place is!

Advertisement