Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy new blades for a Sabre RC Electric Heli?

• 06-11-2007 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi,

Just got a new Sabre RC heli and having a lot of fun with it.

But the blades are breaking fast.

Where are the best places to get them?

Online and walk-in around Dublin? As I want to get spares for later, but need more now.

Also, is it OK to repair blades that have a clean break? Bad idea, good idea?
    If it's OK, what type of glue?

Thanks for any advice.

- Altoid

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Try www.greenhobbymodel.com (01) 4928776
    Check with Patrick there ... he doesn't sell the Saber helicopter - never did - but lots of people get Saber parts off him. One of the various makes he has will have the exact same rotor blades.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Altoid

Thanks!
    I've never been to the shop, just looked at the site a lot.

This is the perfect excuse to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Forget about "glue"-ing rotor blades - it simply wouldn't work/last. Unless you're dealing with carbon fibre in which case it's a different story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

T-max, Have you ever been successfull at gluing carbon fibre blades, I would have thought it was a no go since you send the blades out of balance, or do you blance after. What heli blades would you be refering too...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I have repaired many fibreglass and carbon parts in the past by running the highly liquid cyano into the cracks to fill and lock up. On occasion I have microwaved resin to thin it for the same purposes.
    Never spinning rotor blades or props though, not too safe, I would think.
    I have done it with minor damage to wooden blades.
    Caution: It is an expertise and judgment call, not a good idea for beginners who may not appreciate the stress and dangers involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

What I meant was that by the very nature of carbon and glass fibre such parts are indeed repairable (although not by simply gluing it together). Normal coated wooden blades - forget it.

Advertisement