Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

driving test dundalk

Options
  • 06-11-2007 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

have my driving test in few weeks from fairways hotel. Does anyone know the standard test route taken???

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

There are 3 or 4 different possibilities. You're best bet is to take a lesson and cover as many of the routes as possible. What time is your test at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bettedavis

2pm weekday, i would assume they'd take both rural and urban route. driving is not the problem. it's the road rage that will be by downfall. i'll be alright as long as i don't get stuck behind a micra! Micra's have a tendency of pulling out in front of me on the avenue road, go 14 mph whilst the lights are green 500 mtrs ahead, the lights going red and they go through leaving me f**kin everyone. Or hill street bridge, the lights going green and the idiot in the first car taking 15 secs to think about maybe putting the car into gear to pull off. as long as the instructor doesn't ask me about my pet hates, I should be ok!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

Good luck with your test. I Couldnt agree more with your pet hates. My pet hate is L drivers (they have their L plates up) driving at 60km along the 100 km main dublin/dundalk road and driving right at the white line instead of keeping left making it harder for people to pass them obvious to the line of traffic behind them. :mad: When i learnt how to drive i was taught to keep to the left and keep up my speed so not to have a train of traffic behind me!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

i did mine in dundalk last year, there were 3 routes then

all involve hill street bridge, 1 from teh dundalk side, 1 from the avenue road side and 1 from the louth hospital side

best to get lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭xilovejedwardx

I'm doing mine in two weeks. Anyone know if the routes are still the same? Also what are the examiners like? Male/Female? I'm a 17 year old girl so is there a big chance that I will fail first time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭chrabo

heh i have test at 30 may, driving for 7 yers with no drivng licence so time to make one... I just think better to get familly car or estate car or is any chance to go with srivng instructor at this time??

thx

Advertisement