Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Retailers or Custom Cabinet Makers ?

Options
  • 06-11-2007 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Do you guys know any good places for get cabinets to hold the likes of DVD Players, Sky Box, Amp, etc.. I've been looking in the usual places like Reids, Diamond Living, Harvey Normans, etc.. but they don't really do anything.

I am not looking necessarily for a TV stand, but more for something like a side board for the corner where I can place the gear, and also have some storage.

If there is no good retailer for this stuff, do you know of any places which do custom builds ?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

Depends on the quality or type of finish you are looking for really?
    I got a unit made up by a guy who does kitchens, its finished in white high gloss with chrome legs and was a fraction of the cost of comparable units in some of the furniture retail stores around dublin I visited?
    He even made all the cut outs I wanted at the back for cables etc and one on the end for my sub to breathe out into the room!
    Think the unit cost around 300 euro? It's 2.4m long and 1.5m high. Holds all my AV equipment (controlled using infra red receiver placed discretely on top of the unit in a corner)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Yeah, to be honest was leaning towards a Kitchen guy myself to make something up, however just wanted to check and see what else was out there first.

Anyone else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Homer

There is also 17 "cabinet makers" listed in the www.goldenpages.ie in dublin?
    Might be worth a try?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Yeah, I know thanks, was more looking for recommendations. Think I am going the DIY route myself, considering a black high gloss look. :)

Industria, if you have a picture of your cabinet, please post or PM me, if possible for a look. Cheers.

Advertisement