Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latitude & longitude

• 06-11-2007 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

I am setting up a website for Hotels & I am trying to get exect Latitude & longitude readings for street addresses in Ireland. I have tried Google Earth & Maps and cannot see this. Anyone can help?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

Ive done geocoding of locations - may i say its a pain in the ***. i created a sample app that would output the geocodes that i selected.

But use google to find what you want.
    Heres something usefull i just found. Click on map to get the geocodes.
    http://www.gorissen.info/Pierre/maps/googleMapLocationv3.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 corkcruise

If I put in say Patrick Street Cork is it giving me the exect Lat & Long of the street or the City Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

why dont you try it out?

If not then i know that you can scroll to patrick street and map it yourself.

use the above link to get the geocodes(via manual finding)after using the regular google maps to find the locations.

I did?

Its just not clear if it is the city or street. Thanks for the link anyway.

Back again. Site up and running but early days yet. I came across another Google Map link. http://www.slowtrav.com/gmaps/pointer/index.asp

Its quite good. My site is www.hotelsinone.ie so any feedback bad or good will be taken on board.

• Advertisement
Advertisement