Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Source Survey Software

Options
  • 06-11-2007 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever come across an open source (pref php) or cheap (web based) survey software package?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dkell

Depending on how many responses & how customised you need the appearance to be Survey Monkey is free (There are also paid options).

There are some Open Source alternatives at sourceforge.net/search/...web+based+survey

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

If you have your own hosting space and package then you could use UCCASS Survey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

have either of you used any of these before?

Trying to find one that is worthwhile installing. I found a lot of them, but really looking for a recommendation.

Thanks
    Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 dkell

No, sorry. I had to do a large scale survey recently and after looking, I didn't find any suitable hosted packages. I didn't spend a huge amount of time looking at opensource alternatives.

I had very specific requirements for the functionality and design I was after, and decided to put together something myself. It worked out fine - there was a few days work in it, some of which was really boring, but it got the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I have used UCCASS a number of times [inan intranet environment] and is very customizable if you have a bit of PHP experience.

An example of a site using it is http://fartsurvey.com/ [not a site that I have used but from what I can tell it uses UCCASS]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

haha - lovely example - thanks for the help guys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

There is also PHPESP but the best one I tried was Ask People. Very customisable and I also suggested a feature on their forum and someone made a fix/addon within a week or so.

Advertisement