Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harvey norman in castlebar opening?

Options
  • 06-11-2007 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

anyone know when harvey norman in castlebar is opening?
    seen them working inside at the weekend. it probably will be soon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

where abouts in town are they setting up shop then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Don't get too excited. I find them to be one of the most expensive outlets around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

variety is always good and especially in a town like castlebar where there is no variety in anything!

they are opening over besides right price tiles, woodies, toymaster....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

thekooman wrote: »
    ......... like castlebar where there is no variety in anything!

There's a pretty sweeping statement. Would you like to be more specific?

sorry, was meant to be more specific. there isn't much variety in laptops, computers and electrical equipment and especially in the prices. hopefully harvey will sort some of that out with the variety; as for prices, we'll wait and see.....

so whens it opening? :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

oh ok.

I would agree with you on the variety in PC's and laptops alright. I spose we'll wait until we get Harvey Norman and they we'll have the variety to an extent at least so we'll be able to give out about the prices.:D

Electrical equipment is not too bad in Castlebar but could be a bit better alright.

I believe it's opening on Nov 15th.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

My brother tells me this store is open now in the place opposite Baxter and APC (it'll always be the Airport to me). I went to look at their website to see what they had as the very same brother was pondering a new PC purchase. It is unquestionably the most useless and shoddiest example of a website I have ever seen. Almost nothing on the product ranges and nothing on what manner of IT products they have.

It reaffirms my belief that buying a PC in a shop is for morons :D Internet FTW.

i had a look in it there last friday evening; its not great!
    no real selection of laptops; the cheapest was 650€ (all the cheaper ones were picked up!).
    had a look at American fridges; all were priced at 1699. not much variety there in terms of price!

i think dell or laptopsdirect might be the place to go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Fallenleaves

I have heard from someone working for Harvey Normans that it is definitely not worth buying something from them before Christmas as the January Sale will include huge price drops... I hope this helps :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I was in there this evening, needed to pick up a wifi PC card (yeah, I know, I needed one in a hurry). It's almost impossible to browse in there at quiet times - every thirty seconds someone comes up to ask if you need any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

hmm....
    Plus side blank DVDs and USB Keys arent too badly priced (compared to online)

Down side:
    Went in to get Dual Layer DVD discs
    Asked if they had any (after looking of course)
    Guy looked at me confused and said "err..I t.h.i.n.k so... check and see"
    For gods sake he has like 100 products or so (guy in computer SECTION) to know about even if they have em? tut...tut....

External Hard drives werent badly priced either?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

oscarBravo wrote: »
    every thirty seconds someone comes up to ask if you need any help.

Yeah, same thing happened to me. All credit to customer service but once is enough to be asked.

Advertisement