Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League - Matchday 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

yea haven't seen it but apparently they've been as bad as each other and it could be 3-3 (celtic match).

1-1 in the porto match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yossi again.

lol - hat trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yossi hat-trick.

ITV callign him Benyanyoun.:rolleyes:

Stekelly wrote: »
    Yossi hat-trick.

ITV callign him Benyanyoun.:rolleyes:

Have you sent Des a text yet ?

emc2 wrote: »
    Have you sent Des a text yet ?

I'm holding off, dont want to end up lookign stupid if Besiktas come back to win 4-5.:D

rosenborg 2-0 up
    lazio 1-0 up at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Milan 1 up.

Shaktar are terrible at the back.

kdjac

Frank Lampard scored for Liverpool.

• Advertisement

5-0 stevie g

DesF wrote: »
    Frank Lampard scored for Liverpool.

Twas a typical Flampard goal alright. Sure the keeper would have just rolled it out to Benayoun for another freebie anyway. :)

2-0 milan

there was like 8 players around kaka when he scored, catn wait till pats are in CL we can defend better than that.

kdjac

milan 2 up now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Is anyone watching Valencia?? Surely the shock of Champions League history

Couple of super:) goals from Babel. 7-0.

Think that ends any hope of a comeback.

"Attack, attack, attack":)

Babel just hits the bar with an open goal to miss out on the fastest hat-trick in cl history.

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Is anyone watching Valencia?? Surely the shock of Champions League history

Goalflash isnt ****ing working again.

So no, Iverson got both.

kdjac

"We want 8"
      1 Marseille 3 2 1 0 4 1 3 7 2 FC Porto 3 1 2 0 3 2 1 5 3 Besiktas 3 1 0 2 2 4 -2 3 4 Liverpool 3 0 1 2 2 4 -2 1

yes you do....yes you do.

kdjac

Theres the 8. Crouch.

Biggest ever CL win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭BrandonBlock

Stupid ref.. 15 secs AIT? We coulda got 9 or 10 with some more ;)

3-0 milan

kdjac

• Advertisement

Jesus, imagine travelling pretty much the lenght of Europe to watch your team lose 8-0. ITs be my last away game anyway.:)

Jesus, imagine travelling pretty much the lenght of Europe to watch your team lose 8-0. ITs be my last away game anyway.:)

:confused:

What a stupid post.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,344 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Excellent win for Celtic, McGeady was fantastic. Easily MotM tonight.

Disgraceful challenge from Binya. Should be banned for something like that. Brown is lucky his leg was not broken.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6NXeegtvBs

KdjaCL wrote: »
    :confused:

What a stupid post.

kdjac

Sorry, forgot where I was posting, you've probably been that fan plenty of times. :)

Sorry, forgot where I was posting, you've probably been that fan plenty of times. :)

But you lost away to them and yet still watch Liverpool on tv!!!! You should change the channel everytime they on now or something similiar

Seriously we need a dumbest post of the year award, thats a shoe in with that one.

/And yes i have seen my team lose 5-0 (oddly always that) home and away in europe a few times and yet booked 23rd of July and 31st of august next year for possible repeats.

Seriously dumb post.

kdjac

Sweet ****ing god that was a horrible tackle on the celtic player, ****ing hell thats a 5 match ban easy.

kdjac

But you lost away to them and yet still watch Liverpool on tv!!!! You should change the channel everytime they on now or something similiar

Seriously we need a dumbest post of the year award, thats a shoe in with that one.

Theres a big difference in turning on the tv and taking two days off work, paying hundreds and travelling a couple of thousand miles across europe, when you know your not going to have much of a hope of winning.I dont see a problem in turning my back on that sort of trip.

But then again I dont support a team that is capable of losing 8-0 to a half decent side in the first place.

Theres a big difference in turning on the tv and taking two days off work, paying hundreds and travelling a couple of thousand miles across europe, when you know your not going to have much of a hope of winning.I dont see a problem in turning my back on that sort of trip.

As a home and away fan of a football team i fail to see your point, honestly i do. It makes no sense whatsoever, its akin to saying we gonna lose so why bother. its not winning that matters it supporting your team win lose or draw.
    kdjacl wrote:
    its not winning that matters it supporting your team win lose or draw.

Quoted myself as i honestly do not see any logical reasoning to your point. Why on gods earth would you support a team and only watch when you know you gonna win. Its makes no sense unless........

Still miles ahead in the dumbest post of the year award.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

What a horrendous tackle on Scott Brown, he was nearly cut in half. Essien-esque.

As a home and away fan of a football team i fail to see your point, honestly i do. It makes no sense whatsoever, its akin to saying we gonna lose so why bother. its not winning that matters it supporting your team win lose or draw.
    True.

Sweet ****ing god that was a horrible tackle on the celtic player, ****ing hell thats a 5 match ban easy.
    True
    Disgraceful challenge from Binya. Should be banned for something like that. Brown is lucky his leg was not broken.
    True
    cson wrote: »
    What a horrendous tackle on Scott Brown
    True

• Advertisement

Quoted myself as i honestly do not see any logical reasoning to your point. Why on gods earth would you support a team and only watch when you know you gonna win. Its makes no sense unless........

Still miles ahead in the dumbest post of the year award.

kdjac

Jesus,overreactor of the year award to you.

Again as I've said, there are differences. Geography being a big part.

As it is, supporting Liverpool, theres no games they play where they can pretty much guarentee to lose before they start so we're on a winner there already. To follow Liverpool in Europe your talking anywahere from 2 - 17 games, thats a big commitment when the destinations are so far flung.

With a lesser team (Besiktas) you are guarenteed 6 games, again with a lot of travelling, plus the fact they are midweek means a day or two off work to travel, plus lots of expense. That would get old real quick without the knowledge you are gettign no where, but knowing you are going to lose gives the extra push to not spend all that money and take time off work (possibkly at you own expense) to travel half (all) the way across Europe.

If it was a runner I'd go to every Liverpool league game, but for two main reasons (work and money) I cant.

It's very easy to preach when goaing to a match costs, what , €15 and bus fare/petrol money , plu s1 away trip a season in Europe (in the middle of summer:))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

It's very easy to preach when goaing to a match costs, what , €15 and bus fare/petrol money , plu s1 away trip a season in Europe (in the middle of summer:))

Whoa, burn baby burn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,344 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Well done to Liverpool, to score 8 in the CL is some going!

Jesus,overreactor of the year award to you.

Again as I've said, there are differences. Geography being a big part.

As it is, supporting Liverpool, theres no games they play where they can pretty much guarentee to lose before they start so we're on a winner there already. To follow Liverpool in Europe your talking anywahere from 2 - 17 games, thats a big commitment when the destinations are so far flung.

With a lesser team (Besiktas) you are guarenteed 6 games, again with a lot of travelling, plus the fact they are midweek means a day or two off work to travel, plus lots of expense. That would get old real quick without the knowledge you are gettign no where, but knowing you are going to lose gives the extra push to not spend all that money and take time off work (possibkly at you own expense) to travel half (all) the way across Europe.

If it was a runner I'd go to every Liverpool league game, but for two main reasons (work and money) I cant.

And im sure most liverpool fans in liverpool pay about as much, so where do i sign up to be a liverpool fan? 80% gauranteed win every game. When can i expect a league title or even to qualifiy for the champions league as champions of the league?

FYI Moldova to Dublin is futher than turkey to Liverpool, by your tv watching standards pats fans shouldnt have travelled to support their team away after losing the home leg 5-0.

if all fans were as fickle as you stadiums would be empty and armchairs full until something better came on.

I would bet €50 i have spent 10 times as much as you on match tickets this season, our season is just over you could be onto an easy €50 here all you have to do is go more than once!!!

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Out of interest, how much is a pats season ticket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

This is a CL thread guys so can we keep irrelevant things like eL teams out of it? Thanks.

Watch the army of Rafa-outers suddenly shift position.

PHB wrote: »
    Out of interest, how much is a pats season ticket?

Mine is €350 for next season, a single adult is usually €230
    This is a CL thread guys so can we keep irrelevant things like eL teams out of it? Thanks.

Nearly sure an EL team has divine right to included in qualifers being champions of their league, does yours ....ever?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Longfords was 130ish as far as I remember so I imagine Pats would be in or around the same. Pats are 20euro in so I reckon as he would have been to pretty much every pats game this season at home and plenty away could be a tasty bet ;)

EDIT! 230! Now I know how the wages are getting paid, Depending on Fridays result by season ticket could be a lot less next year! :)

And im sure most liverpool fans in liverpool pay about as much, so where do i sign up to be a liverpool fan? 80% gauranteed win every game. When can i expect a league title or even to qualifiy for the champions league as champions of the league?

FYI Moldova to Dublin is futher than turkey to Liverpool, by your tv watching standards pats fans shouldnt have travelled to support their team away after losing the home leg 5-0.

if all fans were as fickle as you stadiums would be empty and armchairs full until something better came on.

kdjac

A ticket for a Liverpool game is stg£30/32.

Where is this 80% coming from? figure plucked from your head?

As for the travelling thing, it started as a flippant joke, but you've blown it out of proportion. Again 1 trip a season is more than doable ,afterall I made it to Greece myself in May (theres European football on that late in the season you know :))

Theres a good bit more than 1600 away tickets available for away fans in Anfield, yet that low a travellign support didnt seem to result in an empty stadium tonight, so I dont know what that comment is about (I assume Besiktas have a lot more than 1600 fans)

I would bet €50 i have spent 10 times as much as you on match tickets this season, our season is just over you could be onto an easy €50 here all you have to do is go more than once!!!

kdjac

I'd say thats a pretty safe bet on my part, I'd have been over already this season only I had to give up my plane and match ticket two weeks ago because it clashed with my mates stags.

I generally try to make it to Anfield twice or three times a season (as much as I can afford divided by the amount of times I can get someone else to come :)) Only managed 2 last season (plus the last game of the season at Villa park and my trip to Greece)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Well done to Liverpool, to score 8 in the CL is some going!

8 flukes though, let's not forget that...

My mickey is bigger than yores.

aidan24326 wrote: »
    8 flukes though, let's not forget that...

Do we ever score anything else?:)

Not many players have the skill to do what Babel did for his 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

McGeady seemed to have a good game, if only he could do the same in an all green jersey.

Shocking tackle on Brown. One of those that no matter how many times you see you keep on expecting his leg to snap.

Loving KdLang's posts as of late. Always makes me chuckle!! :D

A ticket for a Liverpool game is stg£30/32.

Where is this 80% coming from? figure plucked from your head?

As for the travelling thing, it started as a flippant joke, but you've blown it out of the water. Again 1 trip a season is more than doable ,afterall I made it to Greece myself in May (theres European football on that late in the season you know :))

Theres a good bit more than 1600 away tickets available for away fans in Anfield, yet that low a travellign support didnt seem to result in an empty stadium tonight, so I dont know what that comment is about (I assume Besiktas have a lot more than 1600 fans)

I'd say thats a pretty safe bet on my part, I'd have been over already this season only I had to give up my plane and match ticket two weeks ago because it clashed with my mates stags.

I generally try to make it to Anfield twice or three times a season (as much as I can afford divided by the amount of times I can get someone else to come :)) Only managed 2 last season (plus the last game of the season at Villa park and my trip to Greece)

So thats your point on not going to see your team away in europe even if you know they gonna get beaten.

Going back to the original dumb post, your a winner simply as football fans go to games win lose or draw regardless of the oppostion:D

/btw we in UEFA cup next season gauranteed this thread will bite me in the ass as i sit in the away end in anfield watching liverpool rape pats 9-0

kdjac

BaZmO* wrote: »
    KdLang's
    heh

• Advertisement

My mickey is bigger than yores.

I dont think thats a competition you want to be starting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Shaktar are terrible at the back.
    That seems to be the theme of this group. Celtic and Benfica have absolutely diabolical defences.

BaZmO* wrote: »

Loving KdLang's posts as of late. Always makes me chuckle!! :D
    heh

oddly if he was at his teams games he wouldnt have to read them.

Touche :D

kdjac

/btw we in UEFA cup next season gauranteed this thread will bite me in the ass as i sit in the away end in anfield watching liverpool rape pats 9-0

kdjac

Nah your safe there, it'll be feb before we're in that next season.

This thread is getting saved in my favs just in case anyway. :-)

Nah your safe there, it'll be feb before we're in that next season.

Yes going for that 5th spot which gets you UEFA cup.

jeez keep up.

/Edit to Edit yours, i will text you the scores as they go in :p

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement