Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue stuff leaking from hot tap

Options
  • 06-11-2007 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi. Since I moved into my current (then newly built) house almost 2 years ago I've been noticing bright blue stains on appearing on the sink under the all of the hot taps in the house.

The water always looks clear and the staining effect seems to come and go at random (until yesterday I hadn't noticed it for months).

In the beginning I assumed this was some excess adhesive (or other non specific plumbing "stuff") in the tank or pipes and it would just wash out over time but this is starting to look like wishful thinking.

Anyone have any idea what this might be?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,474 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

High copper content in the water? Is the sink ceramic or metal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 cockofthewalk

Ceramic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Copper salts from the pipes themselves....not sure why it's happening, could be slightly acidic water in your area lightly corroding the pipes, then the water holds the salts in suspension until you turn on the tap...as the tap runs over days and months microscopic layers of copper salts build up on the ceramic and lead to verdigris staining...

Advertisement